• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • austinjoe13
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2020

Building my First Grendel

I just ordered the lower parts for my build. The plan is for it to be a deer rifle. I am getting the PSA CMC lower build kit (https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...kit-black.html), and I will be using an A2 buffer with a Magpul MOE rifle stock. I have some other stuff coming to mix and match for my girlfriend's build.

I am also a bit wary about which upper to pick up. PSA obviously has good prices, and I have been very happy with the accuracy out of my 8.5" 300blk upper from them. I also came across BCA's side charging uppers. That would be great for hunting when it's cold, but I've been finding just as much bad press as good press on them. Are there any other companies I should consider?
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

bca is a crap shoot. you could always by the side charging upper with no barrel and get a barrel

you may want to mention budget.

but people seem to like grendelhunter, alexander arms, precision firearms to name a few for complete uppers
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Avoid every upper are barrel/bolt combo that comes from Datern/Liberty, BCA are has Grendel II stamped on the barrel.

If your looking at a product and unsure of the specs and call them and ask if it's sammi and they try to tell you they are all sammi are this chamber is better then sammi chamber. Run away.

AA
      PF
      Faxon
      Odion
      Ballistic advantage

If it has are is a barrel/bolt combo from one of these company's you will be good to go.

Also Mark from precision firearms gives a new member discount on their first purchase from his company.

Comment

• Mustangfreek
        Warrior
        • Jan 2020

What is the discount from mark 5% ?

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Last edited by FLshooter; 03-04-2020, 11:10 AM. Reason: Wording

Comment

• austinjoe13
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2020

Thanks for the info, guys. Building an upper from the ground up is not in the cards for me right now. I don't have a good spot to do it, I don't have all the tools I'd like to have, and I don't have the money right now (I guess I do have the money, I'm just trying to stock up on reloading stuff at the same time). Sub-$400 is about the extent of my budget right now.

I'm definitely looking around at barrels taking note of which ones are out of stock. I figure this time of year, those are the ones everyone wants. I also found BCA's side charging upper receiver kit, and I'll probably grab one of those at some point.

Comment

Working...
            X