• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WVB4
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

Which muzzle device?

A few years ago I built an 18? Odin Works Grendel upper and I used a Manticore Arms Nightbrake comp. I would now like to switch to something less noisy and better at flash reduction for hunting and range use.

I?m looking for advice on which flash hider you guys suggest. I was planning to just use an A2, but I figured I?d ask before I order it. Thanks.
  • Lastrites
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

A2 works well and affordable or for better performance find a Be Meyers or Smith Vortex on the secondary market to save some coin. If suppression is in your future, figure out what you may want and see what it would require muzzle wise and go down that rabbit hole.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

A2.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

A2 will hide the flash but not give you any recoil mgt... < ~2% if I recall. If you want more compensation or braking then the price you pay is louder report... I wear ear protection in the field anyway so using a MB helps me and doesn't bother me hearing-wise.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

Tbac ultra 7

Comment

• CJW
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

A2.....cheap & easy

Comment

• WVB4
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2016

Thanks for the advice, I?ve been leaning toward the A2. I?ve also when looking at a Wilson Combat 3 prong on Midway. It looks good and should be similar in size and performance to the A2.

Comment

• MasterChief
                Unwashed
                • May 2019

VG6 Epsilon - see them on sale occasionally for $35ish

Comment

• Lastrites
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

VG6 Epsilon works well and to me the concussion I feel is about middle of the road compared to others. My Griffin Armament Taper Mount FlashComp works as well with even less concussion but there is quite a bit of price difference. The Surefire War Comp maybe something to look at as well.

Comment

• 1Shot
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

I just saw this and hope I am not too late. The best muzzle device I have ever found for redirecting muzzle blast away from you and lowering muzzle flash is the Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comp that can be found at joeboboutfitteres.com that is running about $35 right now. For both of my Grendel's I am running the 308 version. I have them on all my ARs except for one and it will soon have one. This device projects the muzzle blast down range away from you and bystanders and also sends the muzzle flash forward and not outward like the A2 does. It is not supposed to be a muzzle brake but I could not tell any difference in the recoil between using it and a A2 muzzle device. The Grendel does not have much recoil without any device to me.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2019

-For 20" A2 FH. breaks don't materially reduce recoil in correspondence to the amount of extra blast

-For 16" and under, VG6 gamma .300 BO model; which is the same size as an A2 FH, and fits the threads of Grendel. Makes things notably louder, but the felt recoil reduction is enough to make it worth it. They make a 6.5MM version as well, but it's longer which I don't care for.
                      4x P100

Comment

• grayfox
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2017

I'm pretty much VG6 6.5 gamma's all across the board... they do very well for me.
                        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• FLshooter
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2019

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                          I'm pretty much VG6 6.5 gamma's all across the board... they do very well for me.
                          I have a VG65 gamma on my Grendel RAP and another one on my AR build w/22 inch criterion Hbar Grendel barrel. Definitely improves performance.

Comment

• WVB4
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2016

Thanks for all the advice. I ordered the A2 and installed it yesterday. It looks good on my ss bbl and It was cheaper than most options.

Comment

• Mustangfreek
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2020

I?ve been going back and forth also. Have a2?s on a few rifles. They work for what they are but nothing really in recoil mitigation

Just put a Vg6 gamma on my 308, works very well compared to the A2 it replaced

Been looking at the Vg6 300 gamma for my 16? grendel project at $35 it might be the best deal for the money. I don?t want a 3 chamber brake on my 6.5,so the 65 gamma is out.

My 556 version is kinda loud, but helps a lot on the recoil and picking up misses/hits thru the scope..

Comment

Working...
                              X