• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmccracken
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Howa rebarrel

Have a 20? howa grendel and I?m looking at putting a new barrel on it. I?m spoiled to my other custom bolt guns and wasn?t blown away with the speed and accuracy of this barrel. Has anyone ran a 24-26? barrel on their bolt gun?

What speeds did you get? I saw a guy on snipers hide with a 24? AR and got his 123?s to 2700fps with reloading 15
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I'm waiting on my new 24 inch barrel for my howa grendel to arrive now. Just a few more weeks. Then it's time to hit the shop and start changing out the barrel.

2700 seems a bit hot in a ar15 grendel. Probably safe in a bolt action grendel, but seems a bit hot for the ar15 to me.

Comment

• Six5x39
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

Hey A5 , what barrel are you getting ?

Comment

• Jmccracken
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

I’m going with a Wilson blank from ragged hole barrels. I took a chance on them 2 years ago when I put one on my bergara. It’s $170..... talked to the company owner at ragged, he said they did great. My CM will hold a .48” 10 shot group at 100, with a Es of 4 and SD of 6. Shoots under 1” at 300. I used Berger 140’s.

So, I’m going to get the same barrel for the Grendel. Not sure on 24 or 26” yet.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Six5x39 View Post
          Hey A5 , what barrel are you getting ?
          I'm having a Bartlein blank done to my specs of profile and twist rate then I'm going to install and headspace it myself.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Jmccracken View Post
            I’m going with a Wilson blank from ragged hole barrels. I took a chance on them 2 years ago when I put one on my bergara. It’s $170..... talked to the company owner at ragged, he said they did great. My CM will hold a .48” 10 shot group at 100, with a Es of 4 and SD of 6. Shoots under 1” at 300. I used Berger 140’s.

So, I’m going to get the same barrel for the Grendel. Not sure on 24 or 26” yet.
            One thing about it if you go with a 26 inch you could always cut it to 24 later if you want. It has been a while but there is some data on this forum from a 27 inch barrel IIRC.

Comment

Working...
            X