• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rucker61
    Unwashed
    • May 2019

First Build Recoil System

I'm looking to build a 12" SBR for both short range fun and long range steel, always suppressed.

I'm wondering if anyone sees any issue with this build:

Group 12" buy barrel
    Odin tuneable gas block
    righttobear lightweight BCG with group buy bolt
    TACCOM carbine recoil system and enhanced carbine spring.

I'll shoot both Wolf 100 and Hornady 123 out of it.
  • BCHunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2018

My only suggestion would you may want to upgrade from the Odin tunable to an adjustable. The tunable has a set screw that your suppose to set and forget about it. You may want the easier adjustment, of an adjustable for switching between wolf and hornady ammo.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I would have a regular carbine buffer and spring on stand bye just incase.

If you go with a adjustable gas block, set the gas too the wolf fmj ammo, because it will be the weakest, everything else should run fine with it set this way.

Comment

• snarkscarbine
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2019

The Odin tuneable is the worst-designed gas block on the mkt. Their locking system is extremely frustrating and ineffective. Do not buy. That being said, I actually really like their click-adjustable one but it is too large for many handguards.

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I’m running the same setup with m16 bcg suppressed and an H2 buffer and still mangling my brass pretty good. Adjustable GB as well. I just got an H3 to try and slow it down.
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Rucker61
            Unwashed
            • May 2019

Originally posted by snarkscarbine View Post
            The Odin tuneable is the worst-designed gas block on the mkt. Their locking system is extremely frustrating and ineffective. Do not buy. That being said, I actually really like their click-adjustable one but it is too large for many handguards.
            Ordered the Superlative Arms earlier today. If I use the Odin at all, it would be on my 16" .223 Wylde, but that one is already shooting so nicely I'm not changing anything. 1/2 groups with Magtech 77.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Please post your results with the Taccom recoil system when it's done. I run two 223s with them and am a big fan but have always thought that the gas would need to be turned down way too much to make them reliable with grendel.
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
              X