• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sojorboy
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

SAOD Upper..?

Hello everyone a friend of mine is interested in purchasing a Grendel upper and found a SAOD Upper he really likes. I know nothing about SAOD, so I though I would ask the Experts here for advice. Anyone have any experience with their products ? They make uppers according to their web page. A 264 LBC and a SAOD 6.5. Suggestions...?
    Thanks SB
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

No experience with them, but someone else tried to track down their address and information, and had a hard time doing so, don't know what the final result was.

I still don't see a phone or address on their site, which always throws up red flags for me.

Comment

• rasp65
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

SB Their waranty states "SAOD LLC will not be responsible for the results of careless handling, unauthorized adjustments, defective, low-quality, reloaded, or improper ammunition,". In other-words if you get a 6.5 SAOD you get no warranty because I could find no ammo available for it on their site.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

There is no factory SAOD ammo....so I wonder just what you are supposed to shoot out of it?

Comment

• Sojorboy
          Warrior
          • Nov 2011

Thanks for your help boys. SAOD has been scratched from the list.
          Last edited by Sojorboy; 01-17-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Must be coincidence, I just ran across them today myself. Like you I had not heard of them either and also like you I think I will mark them off my list.

Then there is this other place I also found for a grendel upper, Precision firearms that have a series of uppers they call "Neptune". They are a bit heavy for what I am looking for but they seem to be willing to mod a barrel to the profile I am looking for. I think I have seen a couple of their uppers for sale on here. What do you all think of them (Precision Firearms)?

Thanks,

Comment

Guys, I own a 20" SAOD upper and love it. It has shot Wolf Gold 120 HP without a problem and into 1.2" (with 4 of them .545" ctc) at 100 yards right out of the box using nothing more than a 512 EOTech on a bright sunny day. Not the easiest sight to use under those conditions. As soon as I get good glass on it I will see what she'll really be able to do.

I also took a nice doe with it in December in SC.

I will post pics and more on the main forum asap. But here's a teaser. Better pics to come.

Comment

Working...
              X