• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarky
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

24 inch Barrel?

Who makes 24 inch barrels for the Grendel??? I'm looking to build a long range upper.
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Precision Firearms 10 to 12 weeks wait. Several grades Well respected.

Comment

• sarky
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2017

Thanks

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

How about this one? It looks impressive.
        AR24: .975" diameter from the barrel extension to the gas block section, gas block section is turned to .936" diameter for a large gas block and the forward section is .875" diameter with a finished length of 23" including the barrel extension. This barrel uses a rifle-length gas system. Weight is 4.16 pounds. To see a .pdf drawing of this profile - Click Here We also keep fluted version of these in stock. There are five flutes on the front section, leaving a missing flute where the barrel is engraved and six flutes on the back section. The fluted weight is 3.84 pounds. Fluting adds $130 to the price. We also have for sale a 6.5 Grendel bolt made by Maxim Firearms. This bolt is a perfect match for our 6.5 Grendel barrels. Machined from certified 9310 AQ (aircraft quality) steel Matte black; phosphate finish Completely assembled with extractor, rings, and ejector, ready for installation into your bolt carrier Also referred to as "Type II" bolt which has a .136" bolt face depth

Comment

• Homey
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2019

Bear Creek Arsenal https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com 6.5 Grendel Type 2 Are you looking at a barrel with Rifle Length Gas System. They have one with a right side charging handle I am also looking for some info on the 24 inch barrels My understanding is Stainless steel is better for long range shooting than the 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium barrels I would like some info from the members who are shooting barrels with a 1:8 R twist, 1:9 R twist on the bullet groups they have been getting, I just signed up how could you tell me how do you post a thread on this site.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Homey View Post
            Bear Creek Arsenal https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com 6.5 Grendel Type 2 Are you looking at a barrel with Rifle Length Gas System. They have one with a right side charging handle I am also looking for some info on the 24 inch barrels My understanding is Stainless steel is better for long range shooting than the 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium barrels I would like some info from the members who are shooting barrels with a 1:8 R twist, 1:9 R twist on the bullet groups they have been getting, I just signed up how could you tell me how do you post a thread on this site.
            Skip the bear creek junk period end of story. If your wanting a 24 inch barrel I can only think you want it for max speed and shooting some good distance.

If so. You come out cheaper in the long run going with a custom barrel from shops like PF.

Cheap barrels do nothing but cost you more time and money trying to find a great load. When the higher price i.e. higher grade custom barrel will shoot much better from the start.

And I'm sure others will come along too say they get x groups from their dirt cheap barrel. But I'm sure not one of them can claim to match groups at range that a better i.e. higher priced custom barrel will make.

If your not going past 500 yards for anything then I sujest a 20 inch group buy barrel. Cheap but much better then bear creek.

Hope this helps sir.

Comment

• snell
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2018

buy once/cry once. a lesson I learned the hard way. Get the best you can afford and it will pay for it's self.

Comment

• Homey
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2019

I am also looking for some info on the 24 inch barrels My understanding is Stainless steel is better for long range shooting than the 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium barrels I would like some info from the members who are shooting barrels with a 1:8 R twist, 1:9 R twist on the bullet groups they have been getting

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

A Friend bought a 24” 6.5 Grendel upper fro J&T Distributing which ia sister company to Double Star. Very accurate barrel but heavy. My Friend ended up cutting his barrel down to 20”. AA has sold many 24” 6.5 Grendel barrels with 1:9 twist as is the barrel from J&T. I have a 20” Shilen 6.5 Grendel which has been a very good barrel and is 1:9 twist. I have yet to shoot any bullets heavier than 123 grains. BWild conducted extensive load developement with a 1:9 twist J&T barrels with good results with bullets up to 140 grains. If I was going to buy a 24” 6.5 Grendel I’d look seriously at PF, Lilja, Shilen and maybe J&T.

Here is a link to one of Bwild97 threads where he works with his 24” J&T 6.5 Grendel.

Here are the drop box links to the Data chart provided by Seatlroadwr, A very big THANK YOU!! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88798310/Grendel%20Loads%20from%20Bwild%2097%20Updated.pdf https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88798310/Grendel%20Loads%20from%20Bwild%2097%20Updated.xlsx
                  Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-27-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• rwh
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2014

Order your custom Krieger Barrel online today! Fast and easy way to order your bolt barrel, AR or service rifle. Krieger Barrels manufactures custom, single-point cut-rifled barrels for bolt action, AR-15, AR-10, M1 Garand, M14, M1903 along with a variety of services.

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2019

I second the skipping the Beer Creek stuff. I have one that I bought due to a recommendation from a guy at work. He claimed that they were tack drivers and since they were dirt cheap and I don't shoot over 300 yards, I figured why not. First two rounds of Wolf at 50 yrds were one hole, adjusted the scope and put two next to each other in the bullseye. Moved to 100 yrds and it was shooting right, then left, then low. I tried the Hornady SST factory load and it was even worse. Over a 12" 9 shot group at 100 yards. One shot completely missed the backer. The wolf and ELDM loads were between 3.5- 6" groups. They sent me a return label and say that they'll fix it, but I went ahead and ordered a Diamondback upper so that I can hunt on my vacation. IMO, there's no reason to buy a Grendel for 50 yard shots so buy a barrel that is capable of 300+ yard shooting.

Comment

• Hollis
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2019

After all the great things I heard about the 6.5 Grendel, I decided to get one. I could only justify this purchase though if the price was right. I know that you usually get what you pay for, but sometimes I get acceptable quality at a fraction of the price of great quality items. I heard many good things about Bear Creek Arsenal from folks posting on 704 Tactical YouTube channel. But I do know that a lot of the stuff reviewed on that channel might sound good at first, but ends up not being worth it in the long run. I gambled though and bought a 20" Nitride upper from BCA. It should come in next week. My hope is that I can shoot a 4 inch group with decent ammo at 400 yards. They do have a 1 MOA at 100yds (if shot with good ammo) guarantee. Not sure if it is a gimmick or not. It does come with limited lifetime warranty, but the wording in the warranty sounds a bit shaky. My lower is part of a Radical Firearms complete 7.62x39 AR I bought a while back. Radical Firearms has been great, but the price for their 6.5 Grendel uppers were out of my price range.

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Jeepster18_88 View Post
                          I second the skipping the Beer Creek stuff. I have one that I bought due to a recommendation from a guy at work. He claimed that they were tack drivers and since they were dirt cheap and I don't shoot over 300 yards, I figured why not. First two rounds of Wolf at 50 yrds were one hole, adjusted the scope and put two next to each other in the bullseye. Moved to 100 yrds and it was shooting right, then left, then low. I tried the Hornady SST factory load and it was even worse. Over a 12" 9 shot group at 100 yards. One shot completely missed the backer. The wolf and ELDM loads were between 3.5- 6" groups. They sent me a return label and say that they'll fix it, but I went ahead and ordered a Diamondback upper so that I can hunt on my vacation. IMO, there's no reason to buy a Grendel for 50 yard shots so buy a barrel that is capable of 300+ yard shooting.
                          I would stay away from the Beer Creek stuff before shooting. That could be why your groups are so large.

Comment

• FLshooter
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                            I would stay away from the Beer Creek stuff before shooting. That could be why your groups are so large.
                            Amen!
                            I Purchased a 24 inch Bear Creek arsenal stainless steel barrel upper for $216 last year.I recently got into shooting the Grendel on a reg basis.
                            I’ve been using parts from BCA for a while.The recievers,handguard and BCG are great. I always get rid of the barrels don’t know what made me try to break this one in.
                            Anyway,over 300 rounds later and it will do moa fairly consistently. If moa all you want it’s a good barrel. For me it was a waste of 300 rounds because it won’t get any better .
                            Taking it out to 600 yrds or more,you’ll need a target or steel plate the size of a garbage can lid!
                            If you send it back they have a great customer service ,they will send you another barrel but now you will have to shoot another 300 to try to break it in
                            and if it does not end up shooting like you want,repeat! my question is how much ammo do you want to burn before you realize that you should’ve bought a custom match barrel from the start?
                            Last edited by FLshooter; 07-06-2019, 06:56 PM. Reason: Wording

Comment

• LtDan
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2017

I have Black Hole weaponry and Satern both 24" bull barrels.

Comment

Working...
                              X