Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ocean Tackle

New to the Forum - 1st 6.5 Build

I'm going to take a shot at building a 6.5 upper, and then probably a new lower so I don't have to switch. I'm still relatively new at AR building and I bought a complete upper for my .556. This time I'm starting from scratch.

The point of this one will be deer and hog hunting and LR shooting out to 1k. I will be sharing my current lower for now. I built it a while back with the CAA stock with the added cheek piece. Most bash CAA, but I like this thing.

I just wanted to make sure I'm shopping correctly. The only 6.5 specific products I need are the barrel, bolt, and magazines right? The upper reciever, bolt carrier group, and gas tube are all universal right? I can pick and choose based on personal preference?

My build is going to be based around a 22" Lothar-Walther match ss barrel and right now I'm leaning towards the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 for the glass.

I'll post pics when I finally get the build going.

Thanks in advance.
  • texasgrunt

I like my LW 22" match/varmint. It will shoot alot better than I can. You are correct on the grendel specific parts.

Have fun and good luck. There is a wealth of information and willing assistants on this forum.

Grunt

Comment

Just passing a long info, it was recommended by some on this board to use an M16 bolt carrier. It's heavier and manages recoil better. FYO.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
      X