opinion on the alexander arms 16" button barrels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendel-Gene

opinion on the alexander arms 16" button barrels...

I am building my daughter a Grendel and they were out of the 18 " barrels so i got a 16. This is not the Satern job but the cheaper 260 dollar button barrel and bolt kit.

Does anyone here have any experience with these? Are they good? Are they accurate ? Are they lemons? Thanks.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

They shoot well from all reports I've heard. Bill Alexander is pretty picky about barrels, and if they make it through his inspection, they tend to do well.

Most builds shoot 1 MOA or better, and sometimes much better.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Good to know. Thanks

Comment

I have one. I have gotten it to shoot just under 1 MOA with 123gr Scenars. I'm still working with 100gr Nosler Ballistic Tips in it, which are well-suited to the length...hardly any recoil.

Comment

I have one. Only tried a couple or three factory loads, but managed about 1.5 MOA or a hair better at 100. I'm quite pleased with mine.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Great endorsements, thanks.

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

I've had somewhat mixed results with my 16". Factory A-max 123Gr. @ 100 YD I've had sub 1" MOA custom loads with A-max 123Gr. I've had as good as 1/2 - 1/4"

Not really what I would consider bad mixed results :-P

Comment

I've got one and very happy with it. It's great for a hunting rifle, accurate, light weight and balance is good. This barrel likes the 120 Nosler BT and Sierra Pro-Hunter, shot sub-mao with these bullets. I recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                X