black hole weaponry 264lbc bolt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black hole weaponry 264lbc bolt question

Hello folks. This is my first post and I would like to say I really enjoy your forum and appreciate help in advance.
    My question is:
    Should I use a 6.5 or 7.62x39 bolt as i have read of headspacing problems. Icontacted black hole and they said they used 6.5 but 7.62x39 would work, and I wouldnt tell difference. I want to use the ar15 performance bolt if I can, they say its 7.62x39 headspace. Any recomendations are appreciated. Young also has 7.62x39 bolt. Im confused?
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome, and you should be confused! That advice might get you hurt!

Barrels should be headspaced to one or the other bolt, not either! I would make sure that whatever barrel you buy comes with the appropriate bolt, and I have heard that there was an issue with Black Hole a few months ago in that regard. I had heard that they had it corrected, though, so I'm not sure what to think! I would NOT buy a barrel without KNOWING what bolt to use!

Comment

• jwilson1985

nor would I!!!

Comment

weird. When I talked to someone at BHW they were very knowledgeable on the subject and told me their barrels worked in according with the Type II AA headsapcing, which is a couple thousands deeper than Type I, which I would assume to be the 7.62x39.

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ThomasA View Post
          weird. When I talked to someone at BHW they were very knowledgeable on the subject and told me their barrels worked in according with the Type II AA headsapcing, which is a couple thousands deeper than Type I, which I would assume to be the 7.62x39.
          TA:

If they cut the chamber "a couple thousands deeper", it means they are using the 7.62 X 39 bolt.

Best way to find out is to ask the knowledgeable person at the company if they use a 7.62 X 39 bolt or are they using bolts specifically made for the Grendel. The Grendel bolt face is (if I can remember correctly), .011 deeper than the 7.62 X 39. I am working on memory but although my number may be off, the face is deeper than that of the 7.62 X 39 bolt.

LR1955

Comment

Working...
          X