Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendel-Gene

Magpul moe handguard???

I know its not free floating, but are these things any good??? They sure are cheap and Magpul is usually top notch....

Just wanted opinions from those who have one.... thanks.

they are great handguards! I have them in carbine and midlength on different ARs. They feel great in your hands, fit snugly and tightly, look great (love the ears that wrap around an A2 fsb), and offer various locations for specific MOE accessories and picatinny rails for standard accesories. I have the MOE MVG on a carbine handguard and I have the AFG (with adapter rail) on my midlength handgaurd. The MVG grip is the perfect vertical grip for an MOE handguard; it smoothly transitions into the handguard without any gaps; total integration.

For the money, there isn't a better handguard out there.

Comment

Love the set that I have...

That said, if you're putting together an upper, there are cheaper free float solutions as opposed to buying the delta ring, FSB, etc.. midway has model 1 sales free float tubes for like 35 bucks...

Comment

It's a good product. I like alot of magpuls stuff. Although, they tend to design thier stuff more for the "TACTICOOL" crowd. I don't know that I would tie up a bunch of money in an AR by packing it full of magpul stuff, but they are reliable.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Well, after careful consideration, i decided to spend a few extra bucks and i bought the free floated Yankee Hill smooth handguard. Thanks for your input!!!

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Hell! I walked into my walmart in stephenville texas yesterday and they had an AR there with the magpul moe hanguards. I asked the clerk if i could see it and i loved them!!! My next gun will have them!!!!
            Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Can you add rails to the Magpul MOE?

Comment

• Clod Stomper

Yes. Rails can be added.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                  Can you add rails to the Magpul MOE?
                  Sure can. I have 3 five inchers on my AR and 1 eleven incher on my 20" Grendel for the bipod. They
                  Work great for light accessories.

Comment

• pinzgauer
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

I'm late on this thread, but I prefer the MOE handguard feel over any of the freefloat quadrails or straight tubes. There are a couple of lightweight hybrid freefloat tubes I'd like to handle, but they are 5-8x the MOE price. I don't consider Magpul to be marketing to tacticool, they have a very strong loyalty among hard core users in addition to fun shooters like myself.

When something works well, has good design, and is a reasonable price it stands on it's own. The MOE handguard, CTR & MOE butstock, and magpul mags all do that.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

I do love magpul.... they have yet to dissapoint me in anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X