• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasp65
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Ejector Spring Modification

I made this modification to my ejector spring. http://www.gswagner.com/arejector/arejector.html My cases land about 3ft away at the 3 o'clock position. I wanted to do this for a long time but had to wait until I had a replacement spring.
    Last edited by rasp65; 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM.
  • Grendel-Gene

Have you had any reliability issues since doing this modification?

Comment

• rasp65
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Gene I have only put about 100 rounds through it since I made the mod, so I have had no issues yet. I have a full length spring that I can put back in if I do.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

I think that being able to FIND YOUR BRASS is a big issue for us Grendel shooters ( since we have to reload ).... so i have considered your modification. But its not any good if it comes at the cost of reliability, so I am glad that it doesn't seem to.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Rasp, I did the same mod. last oct. and it started to jam, and I have the Dfender extractor unit.. Got a new spring and took half off of what's in the photo= 4ft. toss. I swapped in a new full length spring this fall-for hunting, now it's lobbing them only 2.5 ft.- wonder if the new spring broke. hmmmm. Too many springs in this rifle !!!

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

I use a brass catcher. Keeps the brass outta the grass!

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I have that same brass catcher but I have reliability issues with it. Occasionally a case will hang and cause a stoppage even after I have modified the catcher to hold the throat as open as possible. It also gets it the way if you try to use it in the field. I'll see if I can find a spring here locally and give this mod a shot.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• RangerRick

For a brass catcher:

Get an old towel and drape it over the scope and ejection port. It collects your brass in a nice pile by the rifle and won't jam the rifle.

You can cut it down to the minimum size you need. If you get a black, OD green, or desert brown towel it helps your cammo. A large T-shirt works too and they come in better cammo varieties.

You can use it as a cleaning rag too. In snow use a white towel or t-shirt.

Cheap and effective.

RR

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

I am not having an issue; I have a spikes tactical heavy carbine buffer and my young manufacturing bolt carrier is also ( i think ) heavier than normal. That added weight really slows down the action and my brass comes out perfectly and at my feet.

Comment

Working...
                  X