• Bwild97
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Black Hole Weaponry

Did BHW Drop 6.5 Grendel?
  • TropicalVibe
    Warrior
    • Mar 2015

It looks like BHW is now Columbia River Arms. They still seem to have the full line of barrels.

Comment

• Bwild97
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

So you found a link to the LBC 6.5, why is not on their web site. All I get when I search thier site is 223/5.56, 300Blk, and 308.

Ok, I found it thank you!!

But I see the have dropped the .136 bolt face. Thats too bad I was looking forward to using a few of their barrels in some up coming builds, .125 bolt face is no go for me.
      Last edited by Bwild97; 01-27-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• TropicalVibe
        Warrior
        • Mar 2015

I think this is exactly how capitalism was designed to work. Looks like the Horde has spoken...

Here is a quote from their product description:

"We originally made rifles with the standard head spacing (.125”) which we called type 1 and a second head spacing (.135”) only for the original Grendel which we called type II. Given the demand for standardization and lack of sales the type II head spacing has been dropped for 2017."

Comment

• Bwild97
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

Anyone ever heard of Odin Works? This looks like a good deal. Only one left in stock.

18" SS combo deal

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Odin Works are getting very good reviews, their package deals are a good value. The current Odin Works barrels are SAAMI chamber and bolt.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Why .125" bolt face depth sucks for 7.62x39, 6.5 Grendel, or any other case with the same rim thickness:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• cb4017
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

I briefly considered a BHW barrel until I read they only chamber for the .125" bolt.
                Cliff
                USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Stick with the Sammie chamber, and the .136 depth. Don't waste time with any other setup. A few on the forum have shot at the ranges with me-- we can all interchange ammo between us with Sammie certified chambers and bolts. Same amazing on target results , ammo feed, etc. Same speeds over the chrono also...

Think, why did you get into this round,,,, Don't you want to have the best shooting Grrr around? You can impress your pals with this round,,, but do some practicing in advance.

Comment

• Slinkz
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2016

If you give them a call, they still might spin one up for you. They did for me about a year back.

Comment

Working...
                    X