• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msmall1371
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2015

starting first build

Hi everyone ,
    I am starting my first 6.5 / ar build and have many question. My wife bought me a double star lower and BCM upper for christmas to start this project and after learning of the grendel round I bought a 20 inch odin work barrel advertised as 6.5 grendel / lbc. My question is what exactly does the LBC part mean, and what ammo would shoot out of this best? 6.5 grendel factory or .264 lbc?
  • leopard6.5
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2016

First, good luck with your build.

LBC= Les Baer Custom. There's a whole long story about Les and many others starting out with the SAAMI spec. chamber and then changing it to either not follow the trademarked specs. or thinking the new chamber would be more accurate.
    My first 6.5 Grendel rifle was a Les Baer original chamber back in 2006 or 2007( when I first joined this forum). I've had several 6.5 Grendels since in various configurations and have yet to see a demonstrable improvement in accuracy with anything other than the SAAMI spec. chamber. In fact, through the years on this forum, I've read of multitudes of people having issues with barrels chambered in anything other than the SAAMI spec. chamber.
    Les Baer now uses a tighter neck dimension of .295 instead of the .300 in the SAAMI spec. chamber.
    If you hadn't bought your barrel already, I would have recommended you stay with the SAAMI spec. chamber and the AA bolt with the correct depth of .136.

As it is, I'm not sure if Odin Works uses the SAAMI spec. chamber or the best bolt( Alexander Arms).

Sorry if any of this is bad news for you and again Good Luck with your build.

Lee

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

First off welcome to the horde Sir.

As for as the ammo I have read that the grendel ammo should fire saftley from either chamber.
      Leopard6.5 has made some very good points.

I have a varient chamber and am in the process of building a new upper with a saami chambered barrel due to accuracy short comings of the chamber used in my barrel.

And use only the grendel bolt with a .136 bolt face is what I have learned through the great advice recived here.

I hope this info has helped you and im sure more knowledgable members will be along shortley.

Again welcome to the horde Sir.

Comment

Working...
      X