• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Vice blocks

Ok brothers of the horde. Need some advice on a vice block to use with a billet upper or a vltor upper, I was told my clamshell vice would not work with those types of uppers.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

MADE IN THE USA NO-M.A.R® 223 AR15 LOWER RECEIVER VISE BLOCK CNC cut NO-M.A.R® polymer protects finish. Install through top or bottom of Magazine Well. Works with Upper Receiver installed or removed. Provides Access to Trigger Guard, Pistol Grip & Buffer Tube. Makes Trigger & Safety Installations Much Easier! Works in Any Bench Vise Large or Small. Universal Fit works with any 223 AR15 Lower Receiver. NO-M.A.R® Deluxe AR15 UPPER VISE BLOCK PATENTED!  CNC cut NO-M.A.R® polymer protects receivers finish. Patented Anti Torque Plate technology! Capture Pins Included to make Cleaning Easier! Install and Remove Barrels that fit 223 AR15 Flat Top Uppers. Works with Bolt Group & Handle installed or removed. Works in any bench vise that opens 4 Inches wide. Use Horizontally to remove or install barrels. Use Vertically for cleaning & hand guard removal.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

It's not a vice block, but these are amazing.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Thanks for that info gentelmen.

LRRPF52 do you use those vice blocks that you provided a link too and if so, What is your thoughts on them.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

I use something similar with billet receivers. You can just cut up a plastic cutting board honestly, or use certain vice inserts.

I do that with large frame AR receivers like the AR10 and LR-308, as well as billet AR15 uppers.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

I use the Magpul insert similar to the reaction rod by Geissele.
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

I don't clamp the receiver, trying to isolate it from torque as much as possible. For torqueing I use the Brownells torque rod or a barrel vise on the exposed barrel as close to the torque point as possible.

Comment

• Maplebacon
                Unwashed
                • Feb 2016

Grabbed a BEV for my soon-to-build.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2013

I have a set made of Delrin I think. It uses the pins on the bottom of the upper and then a flat piece fitting over the flat top and clamped into vice. I bought from a guy on ebay for really cheap and it works great no matter the upper. I've used it on forged uppers, vltor, and a left side charge upper.

Now if you plan on changing muzzle devices occasionally maybe just get a good barrel clamp or vice and you could do barrel installs and muzzle changes.

You might check these blocks out too.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Yes. If you are doing any muzzle device work, please do not even touch the upper receiver. Clamp the barrel.

I've seen several instances where people have un-torqued their barrel extensions, which is also indicative of insane torque on the muzzle, or sub-par torque on the extension and barrel tennon.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Nope no muzzle device work, just need a good tool to mount upper in my vice for barrel and handgauard install, I have one billet upper I ordered for a build Im going to be doing

Comment

Working...
                      X