• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jbjayzon
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2015

Know what I want, just can't find it under $500

Need help finding a black 18" mid length gas, fluted, target crowned barrel under $500 for my light hunter build. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Im not sure about this but I have yet to see anyone selling a 18 inch barrel with mid length gas system, I dont think anyone makes one but I maybe wrong on that fact.

But if I happen to see one like what you are looking for I will sure point you to it Sir.

Comment

• 762n40
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2015

You could try this: http://www.x-caliber.net/custom-ar-barrel

Or you could try this: http://www.shop.blackholeweaponry.com/264LBC_c515.htm Sometimes they offer type 2 .136 headspacing, sometimes they dont, seems they have a hard time getting the type 2 bolts to go with the barrel.

Theres more barrel makers, such as Lilja that make a nice barrel.

Comment

• Rainman
        Bloodstained
        • May 2015

+1 on BHW. I have their mid length 18" fluted stainless barrel in 1:9" twist in what I consider a walking varminter weight profile, possibly the next profile heavier than what you want. Consistent half MOA performer with tailored handloads using 107-123 grain bullets-especially fond of Sierra Match Kings and Hornady 123s. If you want to shoot heavier/longer bullets consider their 1:8" twist. I anticipate Hornady will release an ELD-X bullet appropriate for the Grendel case and based on the 143 grainer for larger .26 calibers it could be over 130 grains.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
          Im not sure about this but I have yet to see anyone selling a 18 inch barrel with mid length gas system, I dont think anyone makes one but I maybe wrong on that fact.

But if I happen to see one like what you are looking for I will sure point you to it Sir.
          Most of the 18" Grendel's are MLGS.

The AA 18" Lightweight Hunter upper receiver has the barrel OP is looking for, unless you don't want a threaded muzzle. The entire upper is $760. http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/Upp...ete_Upper.html

I prefer a threaded muzzle with A2 in a hunting gun just to help keep debris from getting in the muzzle.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Jbjayzon
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2015

Thanks guys, I was considering the x-caliber company at first but I didn't realize the AA upper was the same as the light hunter that is offered as a complete rifle. Considering my budget, I think the Aa upper is best suited for for my needs. Thanks LR. Also, I know I may hear some negatives on this but what are the thoughts about poly lowers? ��

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Jbjayzon View Post
              Thanks guys, I was considering the x-caliber company at first but I didn't realize the AA upper was the same as the light hunter that is offered as a complete rifle. Considering my budget, I think the Aa upper is best suited for for my needs. Thanks LR. Also, I know I may hear some negatives on this but what are the thoughts about poly lowers? ��
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X