• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendel84
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2014

Suggestions for new grendel

I'm looking at building a grendel off of a CZ action and wanted to get some input and opinions. My goal is a lightweight rifle that I can use, but more so for my daughter to start hunting with.

I'm thinking a 527 with sporter barrel finished at 18" (possibly 16"?) in a lightweight composite stock.

Barrel manufacturer suggestions? I need to find the contour that will provide enough thickness for 5/8x24 threading at the barrel length I settle on in order to mount a suppressor. I was looking at Lilja, but open for suggestions.

Anyone know of a dealer that would order me the 527 action only?

Gunsmith recommendations for the action and barrel work.. maybe even a cerakote job?
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

See the Grendelized CZ 527 thread. Scott can do pretty much what you are looking for. The one he did for me weighs 6lbs with the 22 inch barrel using the factory wood stock that he pillar and glass bedded. With loads it likes it is easily sub half MOA. Factory Hornady ammo 3/4.

Scott's shop is in Wylie, TX number is 972 404 6703

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

You don't have to use 5/8x24 if you want a lightweight barrel. You can use 9/16x24. Are you planning on direct threading or brake attach for the can?

CZ recently announced they will be selling the CZ527 action for builders.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Grendel84
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2014

kmon, I appreciate the info, I'll give him a call

LRRPF52, I'm looking to direct thread and avoid brakes. It looks like it'll have to be a bit thicker than I had hoped, so I might need to have some fluting added. The only place I contacted that would order the correct action was J&G, but the sales tax, shipping, and FFL fees put it up there around a complete rifle. They're already available as they had some and sold them. They were suppose to get back to me with a quote and never did. I was hoping to find a place out of state that could quote me a price.

Comment

• tackdriver
          Warrior
          • Feb 2013

Any idea on the speed your getting w/30.7? That is a stout load of xbr

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Contact that Smith kmon recommended he should be able to order the action for you. I mean if you let him do the work I don't see the need for a huge markup on the action.
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

I contacted cz a few months ago when the announcement was made. I was told available only from authorized dealers and $450ish. Cz gave the price but i cant remember exactly.
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Bdtanner
                Unwashed
                • Oct 2015

I know this is an older post, but I contacted CZ looking for an action and they directed me to Bill Hicks LTD. They have CZ 527 actions in 7.62x39 with a price of $468. I would think that any dealer would be able to send FFL paperwork to purchase from them.

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Bdtanner View Post
                  I know this is an older post, but I contacted CZ looking for an action and they directed me to Bill Hicks LTD. They have CZ 527 actions in 7.62x39 with a price of $468. I would think that any dealer would be able to send FFL paperwork to purchase from them.
                  J&G Sales have them listed at 419.00 but they have to order them.
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                  X