6.5 Grendel bolt-action Rifles readily available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5 Grendel bolt-action Rifles readily available?

Are there any manufacturers selling bolt action rifles in 6.5? Or, are people having to swap out barrels like on the AR platform?

I'm very interested in adding a 6.5 Grendel bolt action to my collection, and getting rid of some of the others (probably the .308 and .270 but not the 300Wby).
    Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2014, 11:39 PM. Reason: Clarified Post Title
  • heinz57grendel

Customshops sell whatever you want. But as for the large production companies.......no. You can do the Cz conversion that I have heard a lot about lately.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

Just get a 7.62x39 bolt action, do a barrel swap and it is all sorted.

Comment

I really like my Weatherby rifles but they don't sell one, so I figured I'd ask about others. Maybe a new project for down the road.

Comment

If i remember right the Grendel use's the 220 russian as the base case dia. which is the same as the 7.62 x 39 and 6mm ppc the 22ppc. So if the rifle company made a ppc gun you can do a barrel swap and have a grendel. If i remember right or someone will correct me if i'm off .

Comment

Buy a short action Savage as the donor rifle and change out the bolt to a PPC bolt head from PTG, then all you need is a Savage drop in 6.5 Grendel barrel. I would recommend Jim @ Apache Arms for the barrel.

Comment

• tackdriver
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

I can second the barrels from Apache arms. Jim will get you a real good barrel and save you some cash.

Comment

I was hoping to avoid purchasing another rifle, even a donor, because of California laws and such. Instead, I was thinking of converting one of my Weatherby Vanguard rifles but it's not sounding like that will be as easy as I'd hoped. If anything, the 308 is the short action so would be the option.

I'll give further consideration to the Savage donor, but now it most likely will not be in the near future.

Comment

Got one from Satern last week

Comment

There seems to be some room in the market for a production or ease of production/order-on-demand bolt action 6.5 Grendel.

I've been talking with Nosler about it for a few years now, and there seems to be traction gaining.

The market is really dominated by semi-autos now, mainly the AR15. Savage just laid off 49 workers this past week, which follows another major lay-off earlier. I wish CZ would make a 6.5 Grendel Mini-Mauser using their 7.62x39 action.

Comment

Try BullBerry Barrel Works (http://bullberry.com/). They did a fine job on my Encore and will also do bolt action rifles.

Comment

• se3388
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2011

LRRPF52
                        Did CZ acquire the right to the 'Mini Mauser' rifles? Did you hear something, come on man let us know. I wish they would make a run of the 'Mini Mausers'. Mine is from Inter Arms and the quality is pretty good but if CZ put some out I'm sure they would be a step above the current Mini Mausers that are available.

Steve..........

Comment

Working...
                        X