Has Bill A or Lapua approached Sako about introducing a Grendel 85?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Bill A or Lapua approached Sako about introducing a Grendel 85?

As many of you know, Sako *used* to make an action sized for 22 PPC and 6 PPC (called the "size II") starting in '97. I believe just a size "I", but with a PPC boltface. These, and other sizes, were sold bare by Brownells and others in both stainless and in-the-white varieties (I recall '99, '00 or so) as well as in complete rifles. I'm sure the tooling for this is still retained by Sako and with little or no change (mostly the bolt/mag) could possibly be used for the 85 with the current XS sized action. Barrel blanks, prior to the chambering operation, that they already make for either their 6.5x55 S (1:8 twist) or .260 (1:9") could be used I'm sure.

I was wondering if Bill A, and/or Lapua have ever approached Sako (esp with the Finnish and business connection between Lapua/Sako) about bringing out say the 85 Finnlight in 6.5 Grendel. Aside from if Bill A. answers, LRRPF52 may have insight through his friends/acquaintances at Lapua.

Who here would like to see an 85 Finnlight (20.25" fluted bbl, 6.17 lbs, opt threaded mz, 5+1 6.5G cap)?
    Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM. Reason: spell edit
  • Bill Alexander

No, not recently.

Dr. Palmisano did ask Sako as he had been instrumental in the PPC builds and still knew a few folks there. The cartridge was still quite new and with little following so they were somewhat ambivalent.

Comment

I would like one!

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Working...
      X