• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arnie
    Warrior
    • Nov 2013

Howa mini 6.5 Grendel

Maybe i expected too much of this rifle but it doesn't shoot very good at all. Factory ammo is lucky to hit a foot square target at 100 yards. my loads for my AR15 Grendel are better but nothing to rave about. So far I found AR Comp to be the tightest shooting, but still not great. I put the barreled action in an Oryx stock and put on a muzzle brake and still no improvement. I'm about to give up unless someone has an idea.
  • POKERFACE
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2017

Sounds like you got a lemon, you can send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly...Joe

Comment

• garyrapp55
      Warrior
      • Aug 2019

It has an MOA guarantee, send it back.

Comment

• Remington Jim
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2020

Comment

• Modoc
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2022

Comment

• EastTNHunter
            Warrior
            • Jul 2021

Good suggestions above. Mine is the spotter model and shoots superbly. Really cool little rifle that my son has just about taken over. Gonna be hard to part with that one

Comment

• Sammy
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2021

Definitely, something is off. Mine does 1" at 100 yds. I am a terrible shot, so that 1 MOA is all me. The rifle feels like it can do better. I used Boyd's laminate stock and bedded it myself. Be VERY careful torquing the bolts.

Comment

• garyrapp55
                Warrior
                • Aug 2019

Did you resolve this?

Comment

• jmkhenka
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2020

factory loaded 123 SST spreads like 4-6 inches for me, but handloads with 123 SST shrank it to around an inch.
                  But thats just the rifle not liking the boolit. Anything else in the 120-123 grain weight shoots half moa, if not better.
                  A friend has a howa mini grendel and he shoots 108's really nice.

123-140 grain has worked wonders, almost no load development needed just 95%+ casefill and its a winner.

Comment

Working...
                  X