• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Howa Mini Tactical Bolt Knob

Sold Out.

I will leave the link as they usually have them in stock.

Howa Tactical clamp on bolt knob. Upgrade your knob without permanently changing your OEM handle. HTBK
    Last edited by jasper2408; 02-12-2023, 10:11 PM.
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

I have that particular bolt knob on my Howa mini bolt handle. It sure makes it easier to grasp the bolt when cycling ammo. Don't remember how much I paid for it or even where I got it. It had a problem when I got it though. When I went to remove the screws from it before attaching it to the bolt handle, the top screw was stuck in it. I did eventually get the screw out but its threads were stripped as were the threads in the knob body. What I did was re-tap the hole with a 6-40 tap & use a new screw from my spare screw kit. I also added some blue loctite to all 3 screws. Only needed one of the rubber o-rings.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Old Bob View Post
      I have that particular bolt knob on my Howa mini bolt handle. It sure makes it easier to grasp the bolt when cycling ammo. Don't remember how much I paid for it or even where I got it. It had a problem when I got it though. When I went to remove the screws from it before attaching it to the bolt handle, the top screw was stuck in it. I did eventually get the screw out but its threads were stripped as were the threads in the knob body. What I did was re-tap the hole with a 6-40 tap & use a new screw from my spare screw kit. I also added some blue loctite to all 3 screws. Only needed one of the rubber o-rings.
      I haven't had any trouble so far with the screws stripping and I also only use 1 rubber ring. That knob makes it so much easier to open the bolt and it helps my hand to clear my scope.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

I've got one of them or one like it on mine...
        Wouldn't leave home now without it.
        I also found on for my ruger predator handle, but this time I think it was a remove/replace kind of thing.
        Sure like a handle I get hold of!
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

I just ordered one, might as well give it a shot. I've spent so much money on my Howa mini's what's another 20 bucks.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Sometimes just the rubber o-ring will keep it tight, sometimes you can use some blue locktite or epoxy (epoxy as a fill material), just keep the epoxy off of the edges and screws lol.
            I did one epoxy a while back but forgot which rifle it was, my latest I just did the o-ring.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
            X