• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rufjustis
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

CZ 527 American

I went by my buddies gun shop today and had him back order me a CZ 527 American in 6.5 Grendel. Getting the one with the Turkish Walnut stock and the 24" barrel. Wanted the long barrel to squeeze all the juice out of the round I could. I've got my two AR's in 6.5 Grendel but wanted a long gun. I've got a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62X39 and really like it so I went with the CZ over the Ruger American or Howa. Why, my wife asked... Told her because I don't have one like that!!
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Comment

• Harpoon1
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 08-17-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• EastTNHunter
        Warrior
        • Jul 2021

Those CZs are pretty, and usually shoot well, also.

I have a Howa, but I traded into it. It shoots really well, but not as pretty as the CZ

Comment

• riuma
          Warrior
          • Jun 2018

I have the 527 American Grendel. It is my go-to hunting rifle. I had to do some bedding work to it but it shot the likes of Hornady Black into about a minute right out of the box. My current handloads are under max pushing a 120 to 2685 fps and shooting as well as I can hold. (Sub MOA, at least, always) It kills deer well. Good choice.~Riuma

Comment

• Oso Polaris
            Warrior
            • Apr 2019

My experience with several CZ's is if you plan to keep/use the factory Turkish Walnut Stock then you need to pillar bed the action. The species of walnut is soft compared to other walnut varieties commonly used. This will improve the accuracy of the rifle and ensure consistency, precision.
            Last edited by Oso Polaris; 08-17-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Rufjustis
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2020

I've not had to do anything to my 527 Carbine. Shot good from the start. We'll see... got to get the rifle first. May be months before he can get his hands on one for me.

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

I have a couple 527s an American premier in 223 and one that started as a 7.62X39 that we made into a 6.5 Grendel with an Obermeyer barrel screwed on.

I have had a couple other 527s and all can benefit from pillars and bedding. I think at least one of the newer models they did that on.

Comment

• riuma
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2018

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I just bought a new 527 American in 7.62x39. I have not pulled it apart yet but I am 99.9% certain that it has the V-Block bedding system that was once reserved for the Varmint. (It shows the V-Block in the parts diagram) It shoots like it does: BELOM fmj @ 3/4" at 100 yards and my Nosler/AA1680 handloads at half MOA. Superb workmanship.~Riuma

Comment

• Oso Polaris
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by riuma View Post
                    Not to resurrect an old thread, but I just bought a new 527 American in 7.62x39. I have not pulled it apart yet but I am 99.9% certain that it has the V-Block bedding system that was once reserved for the Varmint. (It shows the V-Block in the parts diagram) It shoots like it does: BELOM fmj @ 3/4" at 100 yards and my Nosler/AA1680 handloads at half MOA. Superb workmanship.~Riuma
                    Not to hijack - Have you had a chance to try out a CZ Varmint, which comes kitted with a kevlar/fiberglass stock? The stock was originally made by HS Precision and is now made by B&C. For me not only was it a much more ergonomic stock, but also now bullet proof in the field. It comes with the V-block, but even this can be improved with a bedding job.

Comment

• riuma
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2018

I have not! Sounds interesting. I may need to chase one down.
                      Thanks for the heads up.~Riuma

Comment

• Oso Polaris
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2019

The CZ 527 Varmint comes with a kevlar stock that CZ originally commissioned HS Precision to produce (early 2000's) and at some point later (10-15 years) the production was shifted to B&C. I have one of the original 527 Varmint (.223) with the HS Precision stock and then I did a custom build using a CZ American that I fitted with the B&C stock. For all purposes the two stocks are identical, including the finish (black with green webbing). The rifle below is the custom 300BO that I built several years before CZ decided to offer a 300BO option. I bought the stock from James Calhoon, who is known for his 19 Badger cartridge. The only difference with this stock versus the factory original is that I had ventilation slits cut into the forearm.

CZ 527 - Custom 300BO resized.jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

• riuma
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2018

Nice! I looked at B&C's web site. Unfortunately, after dropping $775 on the 7.62x39 rifle, $65 on the rings and $400 on the glass, I haven't the budget to order the stock I'd like to put on my Grendel Varmint.... at least for a while.~ Riuma

PS: I'm glad I stocked up on 7.62x39/Grendel mags a few years back. CZ is sold out!

Comment

• Oso Polaris
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2019

I bought the CZ 527 Varmint (223) to use as the donor setup for building the 300BO. I made the mistake of taking it out to the range with some of my bulk 55gr VMax rounds. I packed 10-15 rounds under a dime with the factory barrel and said "Nope...keeping it as is!" I then had to start all over and buy another donor CZ527 American, order a custom profiled barrel and kevlar stock. It sneaks up on you quickly from a budget build to a $2,500 sticker, which honestly is same price for a quality AR15 build.

Now, all of my CZ 527's are in the kevlar stocks. I have also fitted them all with the Badger Ordnance Mini-Tactical bolt knob. It is perfect size and also gives some extra clearance out/above the scope.

Only my rimfire CZ's are sporting factory walnut stocks...

Comment

• Harpoon1
                              Chieftain
                              • Dec 2017

Now, all of my CZ 527's are in the kevlar stocks. I have also fitted them all with the Badger Ordnance Mini-Tactical bolt knob. It is perfect size and also gives some extra clearance out/above the scope.
                              What do those Kevlar stocks weigh? Just ballpark, on average.

Comment

Working...
                              X