Trigger Upgrade: Timney, 25 Cent, or Leave the Damn Thing Alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TropicalVibe
    Warrior
    • Mar 2015

Trigger Upgrade: Timney, 25 Cent, or Leave the Damn Thing Alone?

• grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• fabbrisd
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2020

GunBloke has his kit's avail in 1/2lb increments from 1lb - up - sure you can use the Howa adjustment - but for $15 you can dial-in to exact pull and see how you like GunBloke's feel ..

Comment

• fabbrisd
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2020

On trigger "upgrade" if you get the itch reach out to riflebasix... super smooth. Give them a call 1st - righteous guys..

Comment

• Owyhee H
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2018

I tried the GunBloke trigger springs in a couple howas and they did not help. These were not mini's. He might have sent the wrong springs but I could not achieve the pull he was advertising. I sent him a couple messages on the subject and never heard back......poor customer service.

My mini has the stock trigger with a trimmed spring and it is great for a hunting rifle at <3lbs. I personally don't think it is a good idea to go lower than 2 1/2lbs in a hunting rifle.

If you want to go really low for a target rifle you should probably replace and get one of the triggers that is designed for the desired weight pull. The howa trigger is a (well done) mass produced trigger but will never match a custom trigger.

Comment

• Highbrow
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2019

I went with the Timney on my Howa Long Range 6.5 Creedmoor. Was a distinct improvement. My Howa Mini Grrr seems fine and I left it alone.

Comment

• Laman
              Bloodstained
              • May 2019

Took my Howa trigger down to a crisp 2lb's with the spring trimming. I like the two stage and this trigger is perfect now for hunting. I even don't mind the safety that some whine about. For what is worth I'm a big Timmney fan, just felt it wasn't needed in this case.

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                Warrior
                • Mar 2015

Thanks grayfox, I suspected it was 1 stage. I will look into the bloke solution too.

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by fabbrisd View Post
                  On trigger "upgrade" if you get the itch reach out to riflebasix... super smooth. Give them a call 1st - righteous guys..
                  thanks for the heads up fabbrisd!

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Owyhee H View Post
                    I tried the GunBloke trigger springs in a couple howas and they did not help. These were not mini's. He might have sent the wrong springs but I could not achieve the pull he was advertising. I sent him a couple messages on the subject and never heard back......poor customer service.

My mini has the stock trigger with a trimmed spring and it is great for a hunting rifle at <3lbs. I personally don't think it is a good idea to go lower than 2 1/2lbs in a hunting rifle.

If you want to go really low for a target rifle you should probably replace and get one of the triggers that is designed for the desired weight pull. The howa trigger is a (well done) mass produced trigger but will never match a custom trigger.
                    Owyhee, O appreciate the feedback on the bloke and the Timney. I think at this point, I am going to stick with the factory trigger.

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2015

Thanks for the info Laman and Hibrow!

I was convinced that the general consensus on this board was the Timney is a needed upgrade. Maybe I just got lucky and my factory one is good enough for now.

Comment

• Nodak
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

If you go gunbloke do 1.5 or higher. He warned me but I went 1lbs anyway. It ended up needing recocks . Ended up going stock and trimming it.

Comment

• wannabustbunnies
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2020

I have 4 Howas, 2 of the mini actions. I have a consistent 2lb on all of them by changing out the main trigger spring. I bought a 10 pack of the size needed for about $5. The size I bought was 0.5mm spring thickness X 4mm spring diameter X 10mm in length

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by wannabustbunnies View Post
                            I have 4 Howas, 2 of the mini actions. I have a consistent 2lb on all of them by changing out the main trigger spring. I bought a 10 pack of the size needed for about $5. The size I bought was 0.5mm spring thickness X 4mm spring diameter X 10mm in length
                            I appreciate the info and specs. I might give that a try.

Comment

• tdbru
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2019

WBB,
                              would you care to share where you ordered those springs from and what the companies product number was on that 10 pack?
                              thanks,
                              tdbru

Comment

Working...
                              X