• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Coyote
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Remington Jim View Post
    So many STINKY thoughts there stinky yote - Be Happy we even have the mini as is ! jmo RJ
    Negative. Loving my Ruger American Ranch. The Howa would be the last one i'd buy. I still have one, but something tells me it will go down the road soon. Someone will get it all correct one day, Sako xs perhaps, the ruger hawkeye stainless already chambered in .204 and i believe some are starting to chamber 6mm-Arc now like savage etc. so eventually some 'real rifles' will come along that we can at least rebarrel quick and easy like, i have the Dave Manson reamer so bring on the Arc's, a sako 85 stainless on their xs action would be ideal. Howa is the furthest away from this and they just added a little more lipstick to their pig...that's all folks.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Howa - Legacy - Listen up, you got a great action and half decent barrel....wrapped in garbage. Wake the eff up.

1. Stainless
      2. Anything BUT that Hogue tank of a stock, what a sad pos that is. H.S. precision would be a start but only if you do 1-4 in this list!
      3. Completely eliminate that bottom plastic and silly oversized unreliable magazine that tips cartridges down after the shot. Go hinged floor plate or open up the bottom of action and make an AR magazine well (ala Ruger). Don't do anything else unless it's flush floor like any other 'REAL' rifle manufacturer does with a bottom metal or detach magazine, if savage can do it so can you.
      4. Single stage trigger, 2-4 lbs, without the cheap over curved tinfoil feeling blade that's set too far back, take a page from CZ on how to get trigger blade to feel and fit. AND the safety knob (ala timney) while you're at it, don't keep half azzing everything.

Sure you can half azz it with some walnut stocks and blued metals/black finishes also but you HAVE to eliminate that bottom garbage/magazine and fix the trigger/safety as i noted above in points 2 & 4. These are mandatory must do's for your little mini action rifles.

People...stop buying these pieces of shat, seriously, Howa needs to smarten up. Having only 25% of the rifle any good doesn't cut it in the 21st century imo. You are far better off with Ruger Amercian Ranch! And for a little more upscale a CZ 527, but it's money wasted going Howa...period. End of story. I'm not wrong, don't bother trying to argue with me on that, i've had all three and 2 of the Howa's, i know what i'm talking about. But it's your money peoples, they got all they will every get of mine. That goes across the entire line up, will never have a howa or vanguard due to this trial and error.

They should be embarrassed with all this time and complaints and still can't get it right? Shake. My. Head. Learn how to make a real rifle.
      Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 02-07-2021, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Oso Polaris
        Warrior
        • Apr 2019

Yes...I agree. Admittedly, I do like the slightly heavier action/footprint of the Howa over the CZ527 for this one particular cartridge.

Legacy is def. This is why I sat on the fence for +3 years with a barrelled action sitting in my closet. I was just waiting for other 3rd-party aftermarket parts to solve the problems. I have decided that if I was to do it again I would either just do a Precision Firearms AR15 upper or go full custom and buy a Borden Rimrock action and build it all out from there. Now that I finally have it built there isn't enough ammo. Feeling really good about the 15 boxes of Hornady Black 123 ELD that I bought for $18/box....

Comment

Working...
        X