• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Oregunsmithing Howa Mini Products

Horde,
    I spoke to Wayne York today and he has new Howa Mini products available.

Timney triggers are $148 shipped

Package deals for a Timney trigger and a hinged floorplate bottom metal kit are $288 shipped

Classic C custom 18oz carbon fiber reinforced stocks are $465 shipped. The stocks can be painted any of his available colors and they're either drop in ready or you can send in your barreled action so they can skim bed them. The stocks will have pillars installed either way. These stocks are in limited supply as he's only making a few batches per year.

Oregunsmithing, LLC - We build custom rifles, Pendleton Composite Stocks, offer reboring and relining, custom services, Howa Mini Bottom Metal

Thanks, Dinny
  • rcook10
    Bloodstained
    • May 2020

will he do a deal if we buy everything?

Comment

• Dinny
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

Probably. Give him a ring.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• usmcm16a2
        Warrior
        • Aug 2015

I have a Howa .57 thin barrel 22 inch, I just placed my order for a stock, the Timney, and the Oregon Gunsmithing bottom metal. Wayne thinks it will be ready sometime in November. Thanks Dinny for your efforts at keeping us informed. A2

Comment

• Dinny
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Just got off the phone with Wayne. He can make the Classic C stock with a shorter (no less than 12") LOP for a youth or small person. If the youth outgrows the stock send it back to Wayne with $50 and he'll lengthen it with a new pad and paint.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

Home of Rifle Magazine. Subscribe, order back issues, and buy Sporting Goods at great prices.

CC-01.jpg

Last edited by Dinny; 10-07-2020, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• FloorPoor
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2020

I'm wondering how much I can afford to spend on my "cheap rifle" Howa....

It shoots ok now, but a stiffer stock would work wonders....less weight will make it an amazing high country muley rifle..

Comment

• Dinny
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by FloorPoor View Post

It shoots ok now, but a stiffer stock would work wonders....less weight will make it an amazing high country muley rifle..
                It's only money, lol. I just bought a Timney Trigger from him and it shipped today. I can't wait to install it.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Stevil
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by FloorPoor View Post

Some people start with an expensive action and go cheap on the build......

others go smart and use a how mini action/rifle and build what they need, thanks Dinny and well done to Wayne !

Comment

• FloorPoor
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
                    It's only money, lol. I just bought a Timney Trigger from him and it shipped today. I can't wait to install it.

Thanks, Dinny
                    I purchased the rifle in January, then dies, brass, bullets, powder, Talley rings (two sets, I think it was a thread you were involved in that made me realize the vanguard rings dont have the annoying overhang, I mounted a VX-2 3x9 I already had) I purchased the Jefferson Outdoors bottom metal, and am very pleased.

The factory trigger breaks at a very clean, very consistent 3.5 lbs. Im not going to mess with it. In my opinion, its perfect for a hunting rifle.

The only thing left is the stock. A good friend of mine has a Kimber Montana 6.5 cm that I've handled and shot quite a bit, and I want a stock like that, on the Howa Mini. That will make it the perfect lightweight, reasonable range, medium game rifle. It will consistently shoot MOA, but but I know it will do better with more load development, and a stiffer stock. How does the Pendleton stock feel compared to a Kimber Montana stock? Can I order a custom length of pull?

Comment

• Dinny
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2016

I have no way of comparing a Kimber Montana stock to a Pendleton stock. I can however make a comparison between a B&C stock and a Pendleton stock. If we use cars for the analogy, the B&C is like a Chevy Cavalier Z24 and the Pendelton is a Porsche Boxster. I believe you can get them made 12-14" LOP.

I just installed the Timney Trigger and really like it. The safety lever aesthetics makes it worthwhile. MTF...

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2016

There isn't a whole lot to say about the Timney trigger other than to say the quality is typical of all other Timney triggers. The safety knob is much nicer than the HACT and the safety functions very smoothly. I did have to file a corner off the bottom rear side of the aluminum bedding block (B&C stock) to provide adequate room for the safety's forward travel but that was a simple 5 minute job.

I feel this trigger is hands-down much better than the Jard trigger I had. Speaking of which, the Orgegunsmithing trigger opening was already enlarged when I had the Jard. If you have an aftermarket bottom metal you may have to open it up to fit this trigger in.

Wayne makes bottom metal kits for both the Timney and the HACT triggers.

Thanks, Dinny

IMG_20201011_47561.jpg
                        IMG_20201011_4124.jpg
                        IMG_20201011_12148.jpg
                        IMG_20201011_34313.jpg

Last edited by Dinny; 10-12-2020, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• rcook10
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2020

dinny i'd love to see some pics of your whole rifle all set up please?

Comment

• Dinny
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2016

Here's a recent one.

IMG_20201012_31891.jpg

Last edited by Dinny; 10-13-2020, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• rcook10
                              Bloodstained
                              • May 2020

slick rig, That a heavy or sporter contour?

Comment

Working...
                              X