X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

i decided to see how "adjustable" the stock trigger was. started backing out the trigger pressure spring setscrew and eventually figured out it did nothing and took it out entirely and left it out. mine breaks at 3lbs like that and that's fine for a hunting rifle.
    -tdbru

Comment

• FloorPoor
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
      i decided to see how "adjustable" the stock trigger was. started backing out the trigger pressure spring setscrew and eventually figured out it did nothing and took it out entirely and left it out. mine breaks at 3lbs like that and that's fine for a hunting rifle.
      -tdbru
      I haven't adjusted mine, but it breaks at a clean, consistent 3lbs. I see no reason to mess with it. It's perfect for a hunting rifle.

It has a better trigger than most of my rifles (I have one old M700 that has a really good trigger, but it also occasionally fires when I switch the safety to "off", I don't like that...)

Comment

• Remington Jim
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
        I received the Jard yesterday. It appears to be very well made and of solid design. The safety lever is a huge improvement over the factory lever. More to follow after I've had a chance to run a box or two through it.

Thanks, Dinny
        Hey Dinny How did that Jard trigger work out ? You liking it ?

Comment

• Oso Polaris
          Warrior
          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Remington Jim View Post
          Hey Dinny How did that Jard trigger work out ? You liking it ?
          Just to save you some time and in case Dinny is off hunting. See the attached thread toward the bottom of page... he recently bought a Timney trigger.

Horde, I spoke to Wayne York today and he has new Howa Mini products available. Timney triggers are $148 shipped Package deals for a Timney trigger and a hinged floorplate bottom metal kit are $288 shipped Classic C custom 18oz carbon fiber reinforced stocks are $465 shipped. The stocks can be painted any of his

Comment

• Dinny
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

I despise JARD triggers and now happily own a Timney.

I recently learned that Jard offers triggers for the Howa Mini. I ordered one and patiently waited like a kid to get it. Once it arrived I pulled the OEM trigger out of the rifle without even trying it. It was simply one screw attaching the trigger to the receiver and no sooner one was out the other was installed. The first

Thanks, Dinny
            Last edited by Dinny; 01-24-2021, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Dinny
              Warrior
              • Jun 2016

I despise JARD triggers and now happily own a Timney.

I recently learned that Jard offers triggers for the Howa Mini. I ordered one and patiently waited like a kid to get it. Once it arrived I pulled the OEM trigger out of the rifle without even trying it. It was simply one screw attaching the trigger to the receiver and no sooner one was out the other was installed. The first

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Oso Polaris
                Warrior
                • Apr 2019

My Howa Mini (heavy barrel) is kitted with the B&C M40 stock and Oregunsmith's Bottom Metal. The stock/action have been bedded. The final piece was to install a Timney Trigger.

It is an easy swap with the factory trigger. After reinstalling the action in the stock and engaging the action screws, I did a quick function test. The firing pin was dropping as I closed the bolt (i.e. not staying cocked). There was some interference between the stock with the trigger, but not the usual spot somewhere along the side of the trigger. The aluminum V-block was interfering with the safety lever moving completely forward to fully engage in the "Fire" position. Once identified... I could hear a light "thunk" as the safety hit the stock every time I pushed the safety forward to the fire position. Easy fix (1-2 minutes): I used a small square needle file to cut a small notch (1/8" wide) angled downward along the top rear edge of V-block to allow the safety lever to move completely forward.

Timney trigger is a nice upgrade.

Comment

• Dinny
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2016

I believe that block is called the bridge. I did the same on my B&C stock. Pendelton stocks are notched for that.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Working...
                  X