• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Howa Mini Replacement Trigger?

Has a reputable company made a Howa Mini aftermarket trigger? If not, what's the general consensus on improving the OEM trigger?

Thanks, Dinny
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Adjusting the settings and doing the trigger spring change out seems too work great for most.

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

I did the ones A5 mentions and they work, forget where the spring comes from...
      but the howa 1500 timney, it's actually a drop in replacement for the mini, I did that also and loved it the most.
      Easy to do.
      I did the adjustable one.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Dinny
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
        I did the ones A5 mentions and they work, forget where the spring comes from...
        but the howa 1500 timney, it's actually a drop in replacement for the mini, I did that also and loved it the most.
        Easy to do.
        I did the adjustable one.
        It appears Timney only has one style trigger for the Howa 1500 and it's adjustable. Does it fit inside the MINI action without modification? What about fitting inside the OEM trigger guard or stock?

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

In my case I fit it in perfectly but it was a boyd's pro varmint stock and the DIP bottom metal.
          So guess I can't speak to the OEM stock etc.
          The spring I think comes in from Australia, it takes a few days but came right as promised.
          It's not a bad fix really. I was just getting desperate for that crisp timney feel (I like their one stage feel and similar ones to it), that I did it after the spring fix. But truth be told the spring change-out worked pretty well.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• rookie7
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2018

Jard is now making one for the Howa mini for around $130.

Comment

• rickOshay
              Warrior
              • Apr 2012

Does the Timney trigger fit in the Orynx stock?

Comment

• wannabustbunnies
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2020

I have 4 Howas and replaced the trigger spring on all of them. I got some 0.5mm x 4mm x 10mm springs from ebay. They are each a consistent 2 pounds trigger pull and you can get 5 or 10 packs for a few dollars instead of $20 for one .

Comment

• flatland1
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2018

I've trimmed just a smidge more than one full coil off the OEM trigger return spring in all four of my Mini rifles, and wound up with breaks at from 1.3lbs to right at 1lb. Couldn't be happier with the results. I did install a Timney on one of those rifles before getting into the remaining three. It took some trimming on the rear of the trigger slot of the OEM plastic triggerguard to clear the rear of the trigger shoe, but that was pretty easy to do. The front of the safety lever plate of the 1500 Timney trigger however, is too long to fit into the slot in the Mini's bolt handle root, so must be ground shorter to work to lock the bolt handle, or cut off entirely if you're not interested in the bolt lock function. I'm pretty sure there are two models from Timney for the 1500 - one with an extended front plate to engage the bolt handle slot and lock the bolt closed when the safety lever is moved fully to the rear, the other w/o that extended plate. I can't say which model # for the one without the extended lever, but it's not hard to see the difference between the two if you have them in hand.
                  Last edited by flatland1; 04-17-2020, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• iNheRchOnieS
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2020

Last edited by iNheRchOnieS; 04-17-2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Dinny
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by rookie7 View Post
                      Jard is now making one for the Howa mini for around $130.
                      Thanks! I'm a fan of Jard products.

Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2016

I received the Jard yesterday. It appears to be very well made and of solid design. The safety lever is a huge improvement over the factory lever. More to follow after I've had a chance to run a box or two through it.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• jbmarshtx
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2017

Sounds like you're sorted. I have the Timney. I had the DIP guard and filed it a bit. I also did the same to the Jefferson outdoor one so that the trigger blade was fully cleared. I'm about to post the DIP guard, mag bottom, factory guard, and factory mags in classified.

Comment

• JSH
                            Bloodstained
                            • Apr 2019

If you can I would like to see a side by side picture of those triggers.

Comment

• Remington Jim
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2020

I just did the TRIM the stock spring and polished the sear and trigger ! I have a CRISP trigger now with a consistant break of 2 lbs and with in a couple oz's each time . I do NOT like the safety Lever thou - its a POS for sure ! jmo RJ

Comment

Working...
                              X