• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dobe
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2020

Howa Mini heavy in the new Bell & Calson Sporter

Has anyone put the heavy barrel Mini in the new Bell and Carlson Sporter? If so, how did it work out? How much removal was necessary ? We're you happy with the results? And of course, how did it shoot?
  • HokeyPokeyKid
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Dobe View Post
    Has anyone put the heavy barrel Mini in the new Bell and Carlson Sporter? If so, how did it work out? How much removal was necessary ? We're you happy with the results? And of course, how did it shoot?
    I received my B&C sporter today and dropped my heavy barrel 7.62x39 into it and it fits fine and is floated all the way down, not as much clearance as the M40 stock but still better than factory. I ahve not shot it yet.

Comment

• Dobe
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post
      I received my B&C sporter today and dropped my heavy barrel 7.62x39 into it and it fits fine and is floated all the way down, not as much clearance as the M40 stock but still better than factory. I ahve not shot it yet.
      Please let me know the results when you do.

Comment

• Laman
        Bloodstained
        • May 2019

Any chance of getting a picture of the heavy barrel with your bottom metal in the sporter stock?

Comment

• Dobe
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2020

I'd like to see that too.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Laman View Post
            Any chance of getting a picture of the heavy barrel with your bottom metal in the sporter stock?
            I some how missed your question, I will put it together for a picture as soon as I get back to the shop

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
              Warrior
              • Sep 2018

Here is a pic of a heavy threaded barrel in the B&C sporter stock with my flush bottom metal ,
              don't mind the fact that my trigger is missing I stripped my action for a paint job.

in stock.jpg
              Last edited by HokeyPokeyKid; 02-29-2020, 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

I love the free market!!!
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Here is a pic of a heavy threaded barrel in the B&C sporter stock with my flush bottom metal ,
                  don't mind the fact that my trigger is missing I stripped my action for a paint job.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15579[/ATTACH]
                  I like it alot. Now if we could just figure a detachable box mag that gave close to the same coal limit as this mag set up we would be in great great shape.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                    I like it alot. Now if we could just figure a detachable box mag that gave close to the same coal limit as this mag set up we would be in great great shape.
                    Funny you should say that....my system uses an internal magazine that is a top loading and centerfeeding allowing me to also make it detachable using a floorplate that looks exactly like my hinged floorplate in the picture, maybe even using the same latch. I have already started making another prototype alongside my current one.

Comment

• Laman
                      Bloodstained
                      • May 2019

Thanks for the picture, I hadn't planned on a new stock just the bottom metal but now I'm thinking both might be in order.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Funny you should say that....my system uses an internal magazine that is a top loading and centerfeeding allowing me to also make it detachable using a floorplate that looks exactly like my hinged floorplate in the picture, maybe even using the same latch. I have already started making another prototype alongside my current one.
                        You bring that out and my CZ grendel is going down the road and I'm getting a new howa with a custom barrel.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2018

It was really and accidental breakthrough while building the hinged floorplate model, I have been working with an old colleague who is a talented engineer and he showed me some manufacturing techniques he uses that opened up what I could do as well.

The magazine is still "plastic" but nothing like the factory mags the rifle comes with, quite opposite it's made with a rigid engineering thermoplastic that holds 4 rounds, has an internal length of 2.48 inches while being truly flush with the bottom.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

It was really and accidental breakthrough while building the hinged floorplate model, I have been working with an old colleague who is a talented engineer and he showed me some manufacturing techniques he uses that opened up what I could do as well.

The magazine is still "plastic" but nothing like the factory mags the rifle comes with, quite opposite it's made with a rigid engineering thermoplastic that holds 4 rounds, has an internal length of 2.48 inches while being truly flush with the bottom.
                            Shut up and take my money lol.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                              Shut up and take my money lol.
                              LOL, I'm working as fast as I can!!

Comment

Working...
                              X