• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garyrapp55
    Warrior
    • Aug 2019

Howa mini HACT trigger adjustment

The trigger on our new rifle is a bit heavy from the factory. I recall reading, here I think, that the screw with the white silicone adjusts weight but I'll be danged if I can find that now. Watched a few YouTube videos on this and all show trigger group disassembly. I'm not afraid of disassembly but is it necessary? Has anyone adjusted the trigger that can provide insight/advise?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

The screw is on the front under the white stuff they put over it.

It will adjust down and be much nicer. No you don't have to disassemble the trigger to adjust it. Clean off the adjustment screw and adjust it.

Comment

• Cooper
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2018

You won't get much lower by just adjustment. The factory springs will only go down around 3lbs. I've bought 1.5 lbs and 2lbs springs kits for all my HACT triggers pretty easy to change.

Comment

• garyrapp55
        Warrior
        • Aug 2019

Thanks guys. I expected both these comments. I also expected someone to recommend aftermarket. I'll adjust as best I can and consider new springs if results are not satisfactory. Cooper, who's springs did you use, Gunbloke?

Comment

• Stevil
          Banned
          • Dec 2015

Mini triggers dont need adjustment, a quick spring swap, 1.5lbs is the go from Gunbloke

Comment

• Harpoon1
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2017

Mine wasn’t too bad from the factory, right at 3lbs 3oz. I’ve got somewhere around 750 rounds through it if I had to guess.
            I had the action out yesterday and figured I’d see what could be done. The diagram I saw looks like it has a “captured” tension spring, so, at some point, you could turn it until the screws falls out and it just won’t get any lighter.

Anyway. I gave it a good 2-2.5 turns counter-clockwise and saw at best a 3-6 oz reduction, and that’s it. That should have dropped it by several pounds on other triggers, so it is what is. Truthfully, a smooth 2 stage 3 lbs is fine for me since it’s only a “truck gun”. Ideally maybe 2-2.5 lbs would be perfect but, I’m gonna leave well enough alone, at least for now!

Comment

• Laman
              Bloodstained
              • May 2019

There are a couple of videos on youtube on how to lighten the HACT trigger which is on the mini. I did mine in about 20 minutes and now I'm at 2.2 lbs. I will take it down to probably 1.5.

Comment

• flyrod
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

I found that the screw doesn't do much. I replaced the spring. You could cut the spring, but that is not reversible if you don't like the result.

Comment

• flatland1
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2018

I've cut about 1.3 coils off the factory trigger return springs on all four of my Minis, that got the break down to right around 1lb on all of them. There's still plenty of adjustmeant available to add weight to the break if the results of snipping a coil off leaves it too light to suit your needs. You have to take the tiny e-clips off the two bottom cross pin/shafts & pull the trigger out of the housing to get at the return spring, and it's kind of awkward getting it all back together correctly. But I'm very satisfied with the four that I've modified. Oh yeah - be very careful pulling the e-clips off the shafts - they'll fly out of there & be gone forever if you don't lay out something like an old bath towel to capture them when they come off the shafts. Good luck finding another one in hardware assortments at most stores....ask me how I know...
                  Fortunately, I have several old-style Howa triggers lying around, and was able to rob an e-clip off one of them.
                  Last edited by flatland1; 02-15-2020, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• Stevil
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2015

When you spend $22 Aussie grabbing the trigger guy springs it comes with spare c clips, otherwise just put a plastic bag around the trigger when ur doing it and then when they go flying theyre contained in the plastic .

Comment

Working...
                    X