• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ocm4
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

2020 Howa Catalog

I?m in the Howa Owners FB page and they linked Legacy Sports 2020 catalog. A couple of new Mini Action options but not a whole lot. The wood stock model looks slick and folding chassis.

• garyrapp55
    Warrior
    • Aug 2019

Still no 10 round mag for mini Grendel, bummer. Likely will never happen.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

I own quite a few bolt action rifle‘s but no Howa. After looking at the catalog that could change very soon.

Comment

• G Tidewater
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2019

Why they would not step up and offer a ten round mag is mind boggling .

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by garyrapp55 View Post
          Still no 10 round mag for mini Grendel, bummer. Likely will never happen.
          It ain't hard to make one.

Looked at the catalog. Not to much too look forward too bunch of vanilla average on the grendel front. Wish they would listen to their customers and bring us a 24 inch version and a hinged floor plate version.

Comment

• Stevil
            Banned
            • Dec 2015

the Grendel is but a small pickle in the big old Howa Jar.

Comment

• ocm4
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2015

I have 2, one being a Grendel and a 24? HB Creed. Personally feel they over deliver for price pint. I think there are a few interesting options coming out on the regular actions front including the PRC?s.

Comment

• Phil_A
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2019

It looks like KRG and Howa had a falling out since there is no more KRG Bravo Howa's listed. I am glad to see they are offering the 6.5 and 300 PRC.

Yea, it would be nice to see Howa come out with a 10 round Grendel mag since it is a grate bench rest target round.

Comment

• daved20319
                  Warrior
                  • May 2019

I'd rather see less rounds than more, I'm in the process right now of making my Mini Grendel a single shot. I absolutely HATE that damn mag hanging out the bottom with the mag catch on the front, what moron thought that was a good idea ? Never fails, I drop the mag at least once in every session by hitting the mag catch on my front bag. So either a single shot version of the Mini, or a hinged floor plate, anything to give a smooth bottom from the tip of the forearm to the trigger guard. Later.

Comment

• Moose69
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2019

With my Grendel I have 6 of them from the 204 to a 7RM. I too think they are a lot of bang for the buck. A 6.5PRC looks like it needs to be added to my line up.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2015

A lot of good stuff. Just need to get rid of that GD detachable mag in the Grendel. BDL, BDL, BDL A2

Comment

• garyrapp55
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2019

Interesting to me, some want a 10 rounder and some want blind mag or hinged plate. I personally would have bought a Ruger if Howa had no DBM. I'd like to think we all agree that mag release is bad.

Comment

• Dinny
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2016

Interesting to see a wood stocked Mini.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• flatland1
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2018

I've built four rifles on the Mini action, with stocks from McMillan, B&C, & Boyds. I like the Boyds ProVarmint w/adjustable cheekpiece, but it's heavy. I also bought one of their Prairie Hunter stocks, and like the appearance of the royal jacaranda laminate with sniper grey CeraKote on the metal, but don't care for the more open radius pistol grip. Guess years of shooting with McMillan & Manners tactical stocks has gotten me used to their near-vertical grip. The B&C #1003 stock is lighter than the Boyds stocks, plus having a fairly tight radius on the PG, so I like it quite a bit. Am thinking I need to try one of Gunner75's new sporter-style Mini stocks to see if I like the slimmer sporter-style forearm. My current favorite stock for the Mini is a McMillan Game Scout - it's light, has the near-vertical PG that I like, and a sporter-style forearm.

I recently bought a CZ457 Varmint Precision Trainer, which comes with a Manners stock modeled after their very popular PRS1 tactical stock, only w/o adjustable cheekpiece. If I could just manage to talk Tom Manners into building a version of this CZ stock for the Mini, I think I'd be in hog heaven!

Comment

• FloorPoor
                              Bloodstained
                              • Feb 2020

If Howa had not discontinued the Alpine MTN rifle, I wouldn't be on this forum....I've been looking for one in 7-08 for quite some time...

I found a good deal on a mini Grendel, and decided to see if it would fill the same niche I've been looking for. A lightweight, low recoiling rifle capable of killing mule deer out to 300yrds or so. I'm tired of packing around the heavy old 7mag, when most of my big game kills have been well under 300 yards.

Hopefully I'll find out this October if it anchors deer as well as I'm hoping.....

Comment

Working...
                              X