Got my Ruger Predator Grendel and love it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwills80
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2019

Got my Ruger Predator Grendel and love it..

I know there have been several posts on this rifle, but I just wanted to add my experience. I purchased it a few weeks ago and promptly got it sighted in and some handloads made up for it. Sighted it in Christmas Eve and shot a little 7pt at 75yds Christmas morning. He hit the dirt instantly with a few leg twitches.
    I loaded up Sierra 120gr pro hunters over 24.7gr of H335 and 120 Nosler BT over same charge. Both shot outstanding. I took the buck with the Sierras.
    This is the easiest shooting rifle I have ever owned. My only complaints are more fit and finish. The bolt is a little sloppy and you need to put a little more force into working the action than I like. However I think the latter is more and issue of needing to break in the magazine spring.
    The scope is a Weaver Kaspa 3-9x illuminated reticle.

100yds 120gr Sierra Pro Hunter 24.7gr H335

target.jpg 81624707_758453147997645_3737080142653030400_n.jpg
    Last edited by bwills80; 01-07-2020, 04:07 PM.
    Ruger American Predator 6.5 Grendel
    6.5 Grendel AR DPMS lower, Bear Creek Arsenal 18" upper
  • Moose69
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2019

Congrats on the buck!! I?m eating tag soup this year on my own accord. Had chances just wasn?t ? the one ? I was looking for. What rifle are you shooting?

Comment

• Moose69
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2019

Sorry just read it was the river.....I should read before engaging brain....lol

Comment

• Moose69
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2019

Sorry just read it was the Ruger....I should read before engaging brain....lol

Comment

• bwills80
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2019

Thanks. A little older of a buck would have been nice, but with a new rifle and on public land, Christmas morning... This guy was getting it. Plus it's the first deer I have ever taken with my handloads.

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

those groups are not too shabby either.Especially since you haven had the rifle for long.With a little load development ,you could possibly tighten them up.

Comment

• bwills80
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
              those groups are not too shabby either.Especially since you haven had the rifle for long.With a little load development ,you could possibly tighten them up.
              Yes, I definitely plan to shoot it a lot more this winter. That was the first and only time I had taken it to the range.

Comment

• FLshooter
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

I have got a Ruger American predator and 6.5 Grendel on the way now along with an MDT chassis system. So I like hearing all the positive things about the rifle.

Comment

Working...
                X