• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post
    That doesn't even look like the same box my three Howa Mini's came in. All 3 of mine came wrapped in plastic with the bolt in a separate sleeve, in a box that fit pretty well.

That looks like crap, I would send it back because it looks used.
    Agreed. That looks like a used are returned rifle. Even the stock looks strange too me. Doest look like the stocks I have seen on howa minis.

Comment

• Jakeismydog2
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2019

Here are a couple of closer up pictures:
      IMG_20200106_171254.jpg
      IMG_20200106_171305.jpg

I was pretty confident it was the floor model. It has the price tag still on it. When I contacted the seller he first said that it was probably my FFL that did that to try and make his company look bad because they sell guns so cheap. He said they don't even open there boxes up from the factory when they send them off. I then pointed out the price tag, he checked with his employees and found out it was the floor model. He apologized and said he would take it back if I wanted to.

Comment

• weagle
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Jakeismydog2 View Post
        Here are a couple of closer up pictures:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15261[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15262[/ATTACH]

I was pretty confident it was the floor model. It has the price tag still on it. When I contacted the seller he first said that it was probably my FFL that did that to try and make his company look bad because they sell guns so cheap. He said they don't even open there boxes up from the factory when they send them off. I then pointed out the price tag, he checked with his employees and found out it was the floor model. He apologized and said he would take it back if I wanted to.
        Unless there is something wrong with the rifle, I wouldn't go through the hassle of sending it back. The box is missing the styrofoam insert and they shouldn't have shipped it like that, but it looks like it survived unscathed. Check the crown and the plastic mag and trigger guard.

Comment

• Jakeismydog2
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2019

I don't think I am going to send it back. It sure doesn't look like anything was damaged. I took it apart tonight and weighed mine. I'm posting those weights as I spent much time searching the interwebs for correct weights when looking to order mine:
          Complete Gun - 6 lbs 2oz
          Barrelled Action - 3 lbs 8oz
          Stock (no recoil pad) - 2lbs 2oz
          Recoil Pad and screws - 4oz
          Magazine and trigger guard assembly 4oz

Based on some rudimentary math I tried to determine barrel weight per inch. I found the balance point of the barreled action (18" from the end of the barrel) took the barrelled action weight divided by 2 = 28ozs then took 28/18 to get 1.55 oz per inch of barrel. So cutting the barrel down to a 16" would remove roughly 8ozs
          Last edited by Jakeismydog2; 01-09-2020, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Dinny
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

You're uber overthinking it. Shoot a couple hundred rounds thru it, kill some deer with it, load or reload and repeat. It really is that simple.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Working...
            X