• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

New 6.5 Grendel Howa hunting rifle.

Gents,

I just put together a lightweight hunting rifle in 6.5 Grendel. Using a 20 inch heavy barrel Howa, a Boyd?s Laminate Nutmeg stock. DPI bottom metal, one of our members here modified 2 mags for me, shout out to 1075tech!. A Howa scope rail, with Leupold Rifleman rings, and topped with a Leupold VX Freedom 3x9x40 CDS scope. At this point the Boyd?s seems to be a drop in fit. A dollar bill moves in the barrel channel no problems. Going to the range tomorrow to test it out. A2
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Congrats sir. I loved the howa grendel I had. Really lovin the cz varmint I have now.

If howa had a 24 inch grendel I would sell the cz in a hot sec and get me anouther howa.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
      Warrior
      • Aug 2015

Blaster,

What reignited my passion for the Grendel, was my hunting trip to Wyoming. I took a Doe Pronghorn in October, and I saw what a 123gr SST does to the lungs! I was going to take a .223 Weatherby Vanguard, glad I didn’t! Winds were fierce and it was a 200 yard shot. Since October I have built a lightweight AR15 with a Faxon gunner barrel, and have both a CZ 527 and the Howa! 4 rifles! A2

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
        Blaster,

What reignited my passion for the Grendel, was my hunting trip to Wyoming. I took a Doe Pronghorn in October, and I saw what a 123gr SST does to the lungs! I was going to take a .223 Weatherby Vanguard, glad I didn’t! Winds were fierce and it was a 200 yard shot. Since October I have built a lightweight AR15 with a Faxon gunner barrel, and have both a CZ 527 and the Howa! 4 rifles! A2
        Lol. I hear you. I have had 9 grendels so far. My best friend owns 2 of them and a couple of other guys own some of the rest.

Got 3 in the safe now and planning more.

Got the 25.5 inch cz varmint, most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever owned are shot.

My 16 inch I just reconfigured that runs on six8 pmags.

And my 12.5 pistol that I just finished, until the budget six8 sized recivers hit the market next month, then it's going to be reconfigured and sbr stamped and running of six8 pmags as well.

Planning on doing anouther 12 inch and 16 inch but going to do super light weight builds.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
          Warrior
          • Aug 2015

My CZ is a tac driver NOW, but CZ gets an F for their stocks. The rifle sat so far to the right in the stock, my scope had NO left windage. I fiddled with the stock, JB weld in the area where the recoil lug sits it now shoots clover leafs. And I have normal windage adjustment ability for my scope. But I have had 2 CZ rifles, both had issues. A2

Comment

• monkeybutler
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by usmcm16a2 View Post
            Gents,

I just put together a lightweight hunting rifle in 6.5 Grendel. Using a 20 inch heavy barrel Howa, a Boyd?s Laminate Nutmeg stock. DPI bottom metal, one of our members here modified 2 mags for me, shout out to 1075tech!. A Howa scope rail, with Leupold Rifleman rings, and topped with a Leupold VX Freedom 3x9x40 CDS scope. At this point the Boyd?s seems to be a drop in fit. A dollar bill moves in the barrel channel no problems. Going to the range tomorrow to test it out. A2
            What did the weight come out as in the completed build?

Comment

Working...
            X