Bedding Howa mini in At-One stock improve accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gatorshark
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2018

Bedding Howa mini in At-One stock improve accuracy?

Hello, This may be posted here somewhere but I couldn't find it. Forgive please if I missed it.

I have a mini Howa grendel that I'm ready to fit into an At-One Boyd's stock. I've never bedded an action before, but am unsure if it is really even needed for this setup?

Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar setup for the Howa mini action?

Thank you.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Shoot it first, then decide if you want or need to bed it.

I had mine in a pro varmint and used the scorehi piller's and bedding compound to piller bed and then glass bed the action.

Comment

• Dinny
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

There have been a number of challenges experienced with Boyd's stock and the Howa Mini. I would shoot it first, as A5 mentioned. If it functions and shoots fine don't touch it. If the bolt binds, rounds are hard to load or extract, or the magazine binds or the bottom metal flexes too much then let a qualified gunsmith bed it. I had a local smith pillar and glass bed mine and I'm glad I did. I don't have the experience to tweak the bedding for the best affect.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• BLUESGUNNER
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2019

I have the mini Howa. I am holding .500 groups at 150 yards with the original stock. Home grown ammo of course.

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

No Question. Bed it.

Plenty of You Tube videos for a proper DIY job, plus a write up that I did in this section including input from other members, including installing pillars.

Toss in the Metal version of the bottom metal and ditch that plastic Legacy one. I'd post a link but I don't remember the name of the MFG EDIT - Found it. DIP is the MFG. Check the Group Buy section.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
          X