X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

I have 2 custom AR15 Grendel builds.But,I have been trying to justify getting a Grendel bolt rifle.I like the RAP ,because of the after market options.And I have buddies who shoot small groups with it.Looks like the Ruger ranch rifle would have those same options.looks like the RAP,only the barrel is 6inches shorter.Probably shoots pretty accurately too.

Comment

• Kawie
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2019

If I was to get one of these I would convert it the mini thirty mag system.i have the 7.62x39 ranch an the 5 round mag hangs down less than a inch an they lock in tight with no wobble like the ar mag guns I held.i also know the rotory mag ranch can be switched to the mini 14/30 mag as my boss at work has the 223 ranch an we swapped in my bottom metal (plastic ) on his ranch to see if we cold.i also load grendel in the mini 30 mag an they cycled without nose diving in my ranch.theres also a guy on YouTube that converted 7.62x39 ranch to the ar mag bottom plastic an it works.writing this is getting me thinking I might have to buy a grendel ranch to go with my howa now an also buy a 7.62x39 howa to go with my ranch,ar pistol an ak.i guess this doesn't ever end

Comment

• Plainsman
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2019

My dealer tried to get me one. ?Vapor ware,? not be had. So I went with a Howa. Should be here t?row and then the fun starts. I love new hand-loading problems!

Comment

• Jmccracken
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

What kind of velocity do you think is possible from this rifle? My 18” at shoots the Hornady American gunner at 2412.

I’d like this for my 500 yard matches. Or is the barrel too short for that?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Jmccracken View Post
            What kind of velocity do you think is possible from this rifle? My 18” at shoots the Hornady American gunner at 2412.

I’d like this for my 500 yard matches. Or is the barrel too short for that?
            With factory 123 ammo it should be in the same range as ar grendels with that length barrels.

Handloads will be faster.

Comment

• bwills80
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by ported45 View Post
              I have the Grendel Predator model and have only fed and shot 129 ABLR and 120 GoldDot handloads in mine. The first handful of dummy loads with GoldDots were very rough to get fed from the mag. I have one C Products 10 round and one ASC 10 round that could be twins. Both were rough feeding to begin with, but smoothed out some after a dozen rounds were chambered. You had to run the action pretty crisp/aggressively while feeding a fresh round to not have it hang up. It has probably had 75 rounds fired through it so far and while you still can't run the bolt super slow like I am able to with the .308 American and 6.5 Creedmoor Predator, it is night and day different from when it was brand new. I have a feeling that the mag springs are too stiff for manual bolt feeding to begin with. I may try to cut a coil at a time from a spring to see if it gets even easier and find where there is still enough tension to keep the last round feeding.

Good to hear. I got mine 2 weeks ago and the stiff feeding was my major concern. I figured the same about the mag spring. Hopefully mine smooths out as yours did. Fantastic shooting rifle though.

Oh.. and on the topic of this thread.. I was looking for the ranch rifle today and have yet to see one for sale. I would love to pick one up when they become available.
              Last edited by bwills80; 01-07-2020, 04:42 PM.
              Ruger American Predator 6.5 Grendel
              6.5 Grendel AR DPMS lower, Bear Creek Arsenal 18" upper

Comment

• Wanderson
                Warrior
                • Oct 2018

Would like to know how many 6.5g Predators Ruger sells compared to other calibers.

I’d been keeping an eye out for one at all my local gun stores & big box stores that showed them on their websites and it was about two years before I stumbled on one. Even the small store that I bought mine from didn’t know they had it and I usually visit them every other month so it probably wasn’t in the rack very long.

Or maybe it’s the AR mag option, I love it but doesn’t make for the smoothest action. I also had to look for quite a while for my RAR .300bo AR mag version. Used to be into lots of surplus military bolt actions way back when they were cheap to buy & feed but got rid of them for ARs & AKs. Now I’m a little wiser and realizing how much fun a good bolt action can be.

Comment

Working...
                X