X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaGuideMan
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2018

These little rifles are definitely a hoot to shoot and hunt with. It's easy to want one of all the different versions of the CZ and Howa brands. I have always liked the CZ way of doing things. It doesn't matter what the demand is, they are going to be concerned about quality first. Howa has a lot going for them as well. When I said that it is easy to shoot sub 1" groups with my Howa, I wasn't joking. 1/2 to 3/4" groups are the norm. It seems like the CZ guns are very capable of doing the same thing. It makes a person want to own both for sure. I am hooked on the little Grendel cartridge and those cool little bolt guns for sure.
    Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit!

Comment

• GreatWhiteNorth.
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2017

I bought a 527 in Grendel for an all rounder hunting/field target rifle for where Im at, not as a bench rifle. It is incredibly accurate, sub 1'' groups without trying. The set trigger makes long range shooting a piece of cake. Paired it with a Leupold VXIII 3.5-10 with the CDL reticle and anything under 550yds is an easy target. I didnt like the mag release and plastic stock on the Howa but thats just personal preference, I do like the CZ magazine, the wood is beautiful and with high rings the scope clears the objective lens nicely and has lots of room for the bolt handle, never seen that as an issue.

Comment

• okiecat
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

I also have 4 Cz's They all shoot around 1/2" with handholds. The first thing I do when I get one is to pillar bed the action and freefloat barrel. Change the action screws also to allen head and use torque wrench. I have cut and treaded two barrels to 20" They still shoot!

Comment

• GaGuideMan
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by okiecat View Post
          I also have 4 Cz's They all shoot around 1/2" with handholds. The first thing I do when I get one is to pillar bed the action and freefloat barrel. Change the action screws also to allen head and use torque wrench. I have cut and treaded two barrels to 20" They still shoot!
          That not only says a lot about CZ but also a lot of about your gunsmithing skills. Their accuracy is not hurt but enhanced by what you do.
          Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit!

Comment

• Taz575
            Warrior
            • Jul 2018

Okie, good to know! I pillared (roll pins) my 527 and bedded the front pillar area, around the recoil lug and the chamber area of my 527 in 223 and that made an improvement in accuracy. I have a 527 Lux, so it has the rear sight base on the barrel. I was wondering about trimming a 527 barrel down, most of their Grendels are too long of a barrel for hunting for me. I know their .22lr 452 barrels were supposedly choked at the muzzle end for better accuracy and hesitated to cut a CZ barrel down.

Comment

• okiecat
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

Taz575, I cut a !7 Remington Varmint and a .223 Varmint barrels. Smith was supposed to cut to 21" and tread for a can. Well the job was not satisfactory so I took them to another gunsmith, I should have used in the first place, Anyway lost another 3/4". The .223 was brand new, so Im just now getting it going. Wanting to use 60gr or 65gr bullets and looking for a faster powder. Have a ton of H-335 that I always use. Now Im waiting on an order of powder. Thanks for you guys encouraging words. I have not seen a Howa so I cant judge them. I do like the CZ

Comment

Working...
              X