• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Cz 527

Well I joined the centerfire bolt action 6.5 Grendel club today. I stopped by my LGS and there was a Cz 527 American 6.5 Grendel sitting on the shelf. A Friend of mine had it on consignment and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. He said he’d had it about a year and shot 20 rounds through it. He even threw in the Leupold 30mm rings.

I need to decide which optic I want but I test fired it just to get a feel for the rifle off hand. I really like the feel and looks of this rifle. I was able to slip a dollar bill between the stock and barrel. I guess I’ll shoot it and see if it needs bedded. The action is really smooth with a good trigger. The set trigger is pretty cool and I figure it won’t be to long before I splurge on an optic.

Here is a quick picture. I know, just like everybody elses but this one is mine.

5D7E1AB2-6A8A-43D2-8B59-0D83F05014CE
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-18-2018, 07:25 PM.
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

I think you will like it. Both 527s I have shot better / more consistent after glass and pillar bedding.

Comment

• mpd61
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2018

I'm on the hunt for one now, I thought I wanted the newer 26" 527 varmint, but probably a little on the heavy side for my needs. Thanks for posting

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

Nice rifle. 26" barrel?

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I ordered a Dip 25 MOA rail this morning. My longest AR-15 barrel in 6.5 Grendel is 20” so I wanted to be able to shoot the Cz at long range. With the Dip rail I don’t have to use Cz specific rings. The 6.5 Grendel is so versatile I like being able to shoot past where my scopes run out of elevation. I may not hit much but I enjoy the challenge. lol.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

I don't know if you have used the DIP rail but it is a solid product, .have one on my 527 Grendel. Something to remember when getting that much downward cant you can run out of travel on a scope the other way if there is not enough adjustment in your scope. Ran into that with a light weight Kahles I was wanting on the CZ some of the time.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I kind of wondered about that kmon but to my knowledge Dip is the only company that has a canted rail mount for the Cz 527. I’d rather had a 20 MOA mount but I doubt I’ll shoot at very many close targets. This rifle will be used for target shooting more than anything else so if I can’t get a 100 yards zero I may use a 200 yard zero. A Friend has property where we can shoot 1000+ yards and drive to the targets. A different Friend built a 6.5-284 and with a canted mount he couldn’t get a 100 yard zero. I can’t remember where he actually zeroed his rifle but he was going to stretch it out most of the time, 300 yards was probably be about as short as he was going to shoot.

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

I like the way the DIP rail attaches to the action but agree qith you on the 25 MOA rail, wish it was 15 or 20 then I would have enough adjustment with that scope. I put a 30mm tube scope with more adjustment range that I had but hate to add over a pound extra just for the scope. Works great for seeing and load development but not ideal on a light weight hunting rifle.

Comment

• PGW Steve
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2017

Nice rifle!! I've got an American and really like it! I put it into a Boyd's Heritage as I get nervous using CZ's with their nice stocks. I've got DIP rails on all 9 of my 527's and haven't had any elevation issues with most 'normal' scopes. If you have under 40moa travel, it can be a problem. I've got a couple with Burris rings with the inserts to correct a windage issue however.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Thanks for the info Steve. I’m leaning towards a 4-16 power scope eventually. I have a 2.5-10X42 that I may use for a while once I get the Dip rail.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

i have about 40 rounds on mine, life getting in way, took me a bit to find a scope i was happy with for mounting differences from the norm with these short little 527 actions to trigger relationship etc.

put several leupolds on it in the meantime from vx2's in 4-12, 2-7 and fxII 6x36 and now finally the fxII 4x33...it will stay that way and go hunting

i needed shortest distances from the turret back and shortest eye relief i could find in those distances and being a diehard leupold guy my choices were limited to that brand lol

it has the shortest eyebox and shortest distance between eyebox and turret block...you can actually center that scope in the rings or maybe just ahead of centered

warne medium rings are the lowest available, solid 1/8" or a bit more clearance from bolt handle, would like the comb a touch higher to be perfect but it will hunt very well as is

Comment

Working...
                      X