Anyone build or own a LH bolt action 6.5 Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Anyone build or own a LH bolt action 6.5 Grendel?

Just wondering if any Lefties have built a Southpaw 6.5G setup.....
    ― George Orwell
  • Doon
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
    Just wondering if any Lefties have built a Southpaw 6.5G setup.....
    Have built a savage model 11 with a howa 6.5x55 barrel.
    Search as it is on here some where.

Comment

• Doon
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Doon View Post
      Have built a savage model 11 with a howa 6.5x55 barrel.
      Search as it is on here some where.
      Here you go,
      Its been over a year now getting these rifle to the finish line but we have made it. The Zastava was a 6.5 x 39mm which I had re chambered to .264 lbc-ar for my 12 year old son. The Savage was a bit more involved as I am a lefty. The donor rifle was a model 11 GL 308. Purchased PTG bolt head and fitted too work out

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Haven’t built a leftie, but wouldn’t be much to it. A smith in your area should be able to build you one on a southpaw action of your choosing. I would try to start with a leftie action in push feed, as the expense would be greater in a CRF action. Much easier to bush a bolt and have an m-16 extractor installed in push feed. Try a rem 700, savage, or something of the like.
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Doon
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2015

Yes a Savage is by far the most easy to convert (short action)as you only have to change the bolt head to PPC or get A 7.62X39 donor action in savage or other make.
          Hopefully Ruger follow with their Grendel in Left Handed as they did with their Creedmore!!!

Comment

• jackthemundy
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2018

I agree with you Doon that Savage might be the easiest. I converted a model FL12 from a .223 to a .20-.223 by just changing the barrel. Regarding a Ruger left hand Grendel, I sent then an email last night asking if they had any plans to make a lefty. I'll let you know what they say.

Comment

• jackthemundy
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

Here's the reply I got from Ruger regarding their plans to make a left hand 6.5 Grendel bolt gun. I guess if you're an optimist it means maybe and if you're a pessimist it means maybe not.

Thank you for contacting Ruger Customer Service.
              Your Customer Service Issue # is 10065269

Thank you for your inquiry. Here at Ruger, we are always working on exciting new products and will introduce them as they are ready. However, as a publicly traded Company, we are mindful of applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosure of inside information and therefore are careful not to disclose any new product plans in advance. Candidly, we also find that it occasionally takes longer than expected to get a new product across the finish line, and our plans and priorities change over time, so we would be reluctant to talk about product plans in any event.

In sum, we are not able to respond to your question, but hope you understand that it is simply due to applicable laws regarding public disclosures.

Ruger Customer Service

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

That is the reply I have gotn on about half a dozen different questions..... Worthless
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2012

i have found that the people at ruger who answer the customer inquiries dont seem to understand the questions most of the time and just give a genaric response, i asked them if the had any plans to sell the rpr as an action/chassis (was interested in that since i would change the stock tube and barrel anyway) the told me the dont sell gus to the public and i needed to inquire with one of their dealers
                  Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Les
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

Lol, I don't even know if I could run a left handed rifle after all the years with using right handed stuff.
                    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2012

with a bolt gun i dont see it as much of a hinderance my brother is lefty and has a few bolt guns i have shot them with out issue so long as there is not a big cheek swell or thumbhole stock righ vs left in a bolt gun isnt to big a deal though i understand wanting things to work the way you want when you spend your money, it appears ruger does have the american in left hand so assumning the grendel proves to be a good seller i dont see why they wouldnt eventually offer in in lefty but when doing a small run to test the waters for market viability it makes sense that they would start with right handed
                      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• mdewitt71
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                        with a bolt gun i dont see it as much of a hinderance my brother is lefty and has a few bolt guns i have shot them with out issue so long as there is not a big cheek swell or thumbhole stock righ vs left in a bolt gun isnt to big a deal though i understand wanting things to work the way you want when you spend your money, it appears ruger does have the american in left hand so assumning the grendel proves to be a good seller i dont see why they wouldnt eventually offer in in lefty but when doing a small run to test the waters for market viability it makes sense that they would start with right handed
                        I grew up shooting a RH gun wrong handed and even still shoot a lot of them that way but, if I am going to spend my time and money on one; I am gonna make it a Lefty.
                        ― George Orwell

Comment

• jackthemundy
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2018

+1 to what mdewitt71. My real issue is I am right handed! My Dad was a lefty and when he taught me at around 5 years old to shoot a long gun I followed his example. To this day I cannot shoot a long gun comfortably right handed. Hand guns I shoot naturally right handed. Guess I'm just cursed by leftyitis.

Comment

• Les
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2016

Trust me, it is a hinderance. lol
                            Last edited by Les; 03-11-2018, 11:22 PM.
                            Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• mdewitt71
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2016

Shooting from a bench or in the prone on paper from a wrong sided rifle is one thing but, shootn & move'n, laying down fire, or stalking game when it really matters is whole nother story trust me.
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X