• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt @ LSI
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Howa Mini Grendel- Ron Spomer

Short enough to fit AR-15 rifles, the 6.5 Grendel outperforms the 223 Remington with genuine, game-taking hunting bullets. It a great low recoil option.

I think in the next few years well really see the 6.5 Grendel go mainstream, especially in the hunting world. i know i know, some of you reading this are thinking "yea, tell me something i dont know"
  • howl
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

It should be a first choice for youth rifles.

Comment

• JASmith
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by howl View Post
      It should be a first choice for youth rifles.
      ... and through 90+ years.
      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Slappy
        Warrior
        • Feb 2014

Direct and to the point and states what a lot of people are learning as of late. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• TropicalVibe
          Warrior
          • Mar 2015

The Grendel really maximizes all aspects of the AR platform. It is a very efficient, low recoil cartridge. I am looking forward to shooting my new Howa and passing it along to my 12-year old to enjoy.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

I have said and typed many times that the Grendel is about as perfect a balance or effectiveness, light recoil, trajectory, accuracy as can be found. In bolt actions recoil is noticeably less than a 243 but just as effective or more so on game. It is the little red ridinghood choice of cartridges, in the story she always chooses the one that is just right and IMO that is the Grendel for most of the hunting that is done.

I think the companies that are bringing out the new bolt actions should already have a youth stocked version and Boyds could surely produce one and when that option is available I think we will see sales take off even more and they will have even more trouble keeping up with demand.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kmon View Post
              It is the little red riding hood choice of cartridges, in the story she always chooses the one that is just right
              Dude, you haven't been reading your fairy tales lately, have you? I think you mean Goldilocks.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• ripcord
                Bloodstained
                • May 2016

I have the Howa 20" heavy-barreled rifle and a 24" AR upper on order....both expected this week. I have several different types of ammo and a Nikon scope ready for whichever arrives first. I am really looking forward to some quality range time with my new toys!

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                  Dude, you haven't been reading your fairy tales lately, have you? I think you mean Goldilocks.
                  LOL...must not have kids.

"My, what big teeth you have" Grendel
                  LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                  Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• pajasonc
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                    http://www.ronspomeroutdoors.com/blo...ting-surprise/

I think in the next few years well really see the 6.5 Grendel go mainstream, especially in the hunting world. i know i know, some of you reading this are thinking "yea, tell me something i dont know"
                    You guys should really start selling the mini actions with a youth stock option! They are about perfect for a kid.

Comment

• Rebels010
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ripcord View Post
                      I have the Howa 20" heavy-barreled rifle and a 24" AR upper on order....both expected this week. I have several different types of ammo and a Nikon scope ready for whichever arrives first. I am really looking forward to some quality range time with my new toys!
                      Don't put these too close to each other in the safe, you could end up with a 16 inch upper pretty soon if you do...

Comment

Working...
                      X