• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xlcc
    Warrior
    • Feb 2016

Howa rings and bases?

I don't have a Howa 20" heavy barrel yet,they don't seem to be available in Canada but I have found a Vortex Viper PST 2.5x10x44 riflescope I will likely purchase for the above rifle.Which rings and bases would you recommend to mount the scope?
  • hikfromstik
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Warne has a picatinny base in regular and 20moa . Any Remington 700 2 piece base/ rings will work . I bought some DNZ 2 piece for mine and I'm very pleased . They are over built and very heavy duty.

Comment

• murfvol
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2016

I was going with the Warne and Vortex rings for my Viper HST, but couldn't wait, and went with a two-piece Remington short action setup for a quick fix. It works quite well, so I'm not planning to use the other stuff.

Long story short, the Warne one-piece arrived, but I don't need it or the Vortex 30mm rings. If someone wants them (neither ever used), I'll cut something of a deal.
      Last edited by murfvol; 01-27-2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• pajasonc
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

I put a two piece lightweight talley mounts on mine. They are for the remington 700 and the rear base comes out a little bit over the action, not much but a little. doesn't affect function and its a solid lightweight mounting system. Pretty cheap as well

Comment

Working...
        X