• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nodak
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Brought home my HB(kinda sorta) Mini

Just finally found time to get with my FFL and pick up my Grendel. 1st impression is it's light, real light for a so-so heavy barrel. All I have right now other than I'll be doing something about that mag catch. I'll loose my mag in a hurry carrying it afield. Probably try to make or buy a stiffer spring and shave down the lever some. Thought about building "wings" the guard the catch but would likely be all hokie when I was done.

I do have Vortex 6.5-20x50, Warne 20MOA rail, Weaver Picatinny 6-hole low ring all on the way. Was going to order a stock but will wait for more info on the AT-ONE from Boyds before I order. Should have it all together around Mid March to break/sight it in. I'm planning on a suppressor but will wait to thread till it proves itself to me.
  • Stevil
    Banned
    • Dec 2015

hey Nodak I chopped about 60% off the mag releases, ya really gotta push em now, I also a bit round too.

You love the gun when you finally put all the bits together.

Comment

• jason miller
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

I also shortened my mag release. Only took a minute or two with some 60 grit.

Comment

• rickt300
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

I used a hack saw and then sand paper. Put the barrel in a vise (with wood spacers) with the rifle upside down angling up to my left, filled the magazine opening with a shop rag and cut the release lever off at an angle a bit less than a 1/4 inch from the plastic then sanded to suit. made a world of difference!

Comment

• Nodak
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Received the base, rings and scope this week. Now to mount it all up and wait for a sign of spring. I still can't decide if I want to chassis up or Tactical it. Stock on it isn't bad but then it ain't great either

Comment

• wganz
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2015

Did you get one with the 20" Heavy Barrel(aka #6)?
            If so, what is the barrel OD at the muzzle?

Comment

• Nodak
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

I did get the HB and it about .75 at muzzle

Comment

Working...
              X