• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cameron
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2016

CZ 527 rebarrel to Grendel

I can't find any answers saying that this is a DIY or a Smith job. Read that it's a barrel change with the base action as a 7.62x39, just want to budget in Smith labor if I need to.

Debating on a CZ or a savage base action.

Hunt and target shooting, and for the kids too get behind with little recoil
  • howl
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Have you heard about the Howa Mini that is available in 6.5 Grendel? Howa told me they will have a youth model out in 2017. You can't beat the cost with the CZ. You can't beat the quality with a Savage. The only reason to do other than the Howa would be if you need the bolt on the left.

Comment

• D.Davis
      Warrior
      • Sep 2013

Cameron, Try Hilltop Gunsmithing they did a CZ 527 for me. Ask for Sherm. Dave.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by howl View Post
        Have you heard about the Howa Mini that is available in 6.5 Grendel? Howa told me they will have a youth model out in 2017. You can't beat the cost with the CZ. You can't beat the quality with a Savage. The only reason to do other than the Howa would be if you need the bolt on the left.
        we did?

Comment

• Cameron
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by howl View Post
          I e read that it's out, just the mini action I haven't seen any of the youth model, but I can't find any. Everywhere is out of stock. I remember the old stevens actions were cheap, but now not so available. Research led me to the CZ action or a base savage action.

Comment

• randomwally
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2016

The CZ 527 is introducing 6.5 Grendel as a factory chambering in 2017. Could save you some money.

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

There are several options

CZ 527 rebarrel to Grendel. Love the one Live Oak Accuracy in Wylie TX did for me.
              Zastava or Remington Mini Action, another mini mauser action but not as nice as the CZ
              Savage, is the one you can do at home
              Remington 700 with a PPC bolt
              Sako PPC

For less than most customs you could have a Howa barreled action in an LSS chassis with an adjustable stock

Comment

• explorecaves
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by randomwally View Post
                The CZ 527 is introducing 6.5 Grendel as a factory chambering in 2017. Could save you some money.
                ^This

Comment

• SDguy
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by randomwally View Post
                  I have a CZ 527 in 6.5 grendel that I put together with a drop in Lothar Walther barrel. I am very happy with this rifle. picked up the go head space gauge and she was good from the get go.

All this being said I would choose to wait for the factory CZ Grendel at this point. Unless you have some money burning a hole in your pockets, If I were to want a custom cz527 in 6.5 Grendel I would purchase a action only and send it off to Liljia and have them chamber a match grade barrel with a contoure to fit my desires.

Think I would go with a 24" light varmint contour. Just wish they had a action available with a 3 round magazine. Shoot this is what CZ will be offering in 2017.

Think I would have patience get in touch with Whittaker's and order a 1st run of this wonderful 6.5 Grendel coming out in 2017

Comment

• Drift
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2014

My CZ 527 to Grendel cost a LOT more than what the Howa costs.

Comment

• SDguy
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2015

Drift

Sure you feel your CZ has more worth than the factory Howa.

In either case I would still like to see a flush mount mag and threaded for a suppressor.

Maybe I will have to consider a 7.62 x 39

Comment

• Cameron
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2016

I found a Howa on GB and snatched it, it's a 22". I couldn't find a 20 HB but the 22 will work very well.

Comment

Working...
                        X