• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramslammer
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2014

I'm so Happppy!

G'Day
    Have a go at this list for next years CZ models. To bad there isn't a carbine model. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp...uide-Final.pdf

Juddy
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Great news! Will be a nice looker too with the flush bottom metal.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Stevil
      Banned
      • Dec 2015

CZ price sucks thou, but good on em, will be hard to be the Howa's accuracy

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I sent an e-mail to CZ three or four years ago asking them to chamber the 527 carbine in 6.5 Grendel. They actually replied but stated they didn't have the production capacity to add another caliber/cartridge. I guess their thinking lost sales opportunity by not having a 6.5 Grendel. Better late than never, but the 527 just seemed like a better gun in 6.5 Grendel than a 7.62X39.

Comment

• Dinny
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

I think we'll see a Ruger American and Mossberg MVP in 6.5 Grendel in the near future too. 'Bout time!

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• nuthead
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
            Great news! Will be a nice looker too with the flush bottom metal.
            if its anything like the other 527 models it will be a single stack DBM

going by the accuracy of the 223 and 222 models, I would guess the CZ is going to be more accurate than the howa mini in its plastic stock. I have the 7.62x39 and that thing is sub moa with factory steel case hornadys - the fact that you can actually bed the thing well into the timber stock makes and big difference in my opinion

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

Nuthead I copied this from their sight.

Both of these chamberings feature newly-developed flush bottom metal, while the rest of the chamberings will gradually transition to flush bottom metal later in 2017. Extended 5-round magazines are fitted, with flush-fitting magazines in development.
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Drift
                Warrior
                • Nov 2014

You gotta be kidding me!!. At last, a CZ factory offering! Now I wont be the only one in hunting camp with a CZ Grendel

Comment

• nuthead
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                  Nuthead I copied this from their sight.

Both of these chamberings feature newly-developed flush bottom metal, while the rest of the chamberings will gradually transition to flush bottom metal later in 2017. Extended 5-round magazines are fitted, with flush-fitting magazines in development.
                  wow! thats good to know

I think a flush fitting bottom metal will win some new fans - the single stack mag stuck out right at the balance point of the rifle. Hope its a double stack 5 shotter!

Comment

• Dinny
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by nuthead View Post
                    going by the accuracy of the 223 and 222 models, I would guess the CZ is going to be more accurate than the howa mini in its plastic stock. I have the 7.62x39 and that thing is sub moa with factory steel case hornadys - the fact that you can actually bed the thing well into the timber stock makes and big difference in my opinion
                    For the price of a CZ, I can buy a stock from Boyds and have it bedded to my Howa Mini action.

Thanks, Dinny
                    Last edited by Dinny; 12-19-2016, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

We've been asking for this for years. That's a welcome addition.

Those Bren 805 rifles and pistols are cool too.

The Scorpion is a fun little 9mm blaster, especially with the Shockwave brace and folder, suppressed. I'm making mag pouches for it.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• nuthead
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
                        For the price of a CZ, I can buy a stock from Boyds and have it bedded to my Howa Mini action.

Thanks, Dinny
                        That's true... depends which action/ mag setup you prefer I guess.

Comment

• SDguy
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2015

Goodness gracious this took CZ long enough. I believe that we'll have a few winners on their hands here.

Howa got their foot in the door first yet I still prefer product offered by CZ. Integral scope mounts, light weight, control round feed, and now chambered in the 6.5 Grendel, 300 BLK.

Curious how CZ Will do head to head agents the Howa. If price is a factor and historically it has been Howa may pull the lions share of this market. Either way a shooter will be a winner IMHO.

Comment

• randomwally
                            Unwashed
                            • Feb 2016

Welp, unless Howa announces a mini action with a flush floorplate, looks like I'll be waiting a little longer and getting a CZ527 instead. Flush metal, longer barrel, and all round a classier rifle out of the box.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
                              CZ price sucks thou, but good on em, will be hard to be the Howa's accuracy
                              this!!

Comment

Working...
                              X