X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuthead
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Interesting! I knew you could get lilgun in Queensland but I didn't realise you could also get leverevolution. The bad part is I live in a different state and there isn't a national supply arrangement for all brands of powder due to some ridiculous transport and storage law for dangerous goods from what I understand

Comment

• kymountainman
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2016

Have you tried 26 grains of 8208? Nosler lists that as their accuracy load for 123 gr. Nosler CC. I'm wondering if you could shrink that group a little if you lightened the load.

Comment

• Stevil
        Banned
        • Dec 2015

Hey nuthead when you sending ur trigger off ? Interested in a before and after might have to send mine to Glen too

And dont discount the 100gr Amax, bit flatter so they hit a bit harder, I used em on the weekend and it was bang flops all night.

Comment

• nuthead
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by kymountainman View Post
          Have you tried 26 grains of 8208? Nosler lists that as their accuracy load for 123 gr. Nosler CC. I'm wondering if you could shrink that group a little if you lightened the load.
          Hi Kymountainman,

I havent tried the that particular load but just punching the data into quickload - i can see that 25.9gr of 8208 and 2.3 OAL is bang on an accuracy node (based on the optimal barrel time method)

im really only interested in using the howa for hunting though so that doesnt hold as much interest for me as the amaxs and ssts at the moment

Comment

• nuthead
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
            Hey nuthead when you sending ur trigger off ? Interested in a before and after might have to send mine to Glen too

And dont discount the 100gr Amax, bit flatter so they hit a bit harder, I used em on the weekend and it was bang flops all night.
            Hi Stevil,

im going to try send it off to him this week - I'll post up the results after the trigger mod - then if i end up doing a bedding job, I'll post the results up after that also (its pretty good as it is - all the loads at 28.5gr have been between 0.58 and 0.65moa) the trigger is challenging though... see if its actually an honest 0.5moa rifle hiding in there!
            Last edited by nuthead; 12-05-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• kymountainman
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Stevil View Post

Stevil .... Do the 95 gr. and 100 gr. pretty much shoot the same? I've been looking to pick up a few boxes of either for my 6.5 Swede, and would love to be able to load some in my Grendel as well for coyote ....

Comment

• adamjp
                Warrior
                • Oct 2014

My experience with the 100gn and 95gn is that they are indistinguishable when loaded. They are bloody hard to pick when two of them are lying in your hand!

Also in my Grendel the 100gn NBT and the 100gn TTSX have the same POI and trajectory out to any useful distance. This is very cool.

Comment

Working...
                X