• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MPDS13
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

Just shot my new Howa Mini-Action 6.5 Grendel

A few days ago I picked up my Howa 1500 Mini-Action in 6.5 Grendel 20" heavy barrel from my local gun shop. Today I got to go to the range and put some rounds through it.
    It shoots really nice and I even got some decent groups with some cheaper PPU ammo. Trigger is surprisingly nice for a factory 2 stage. I am planning on taking it out of the factory stock and making sure the barrel is free floating and probably will bed the action to get some consistency out of it. Below are 2 5 shot groups, definitely the best of the day and actually the last 2 of the day as well.

• strong11
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2016

Nice

I just got one of the 22" Howa's a couple weeks ago, it shoots very well! I think you will be very happy with the Grendel, trigger is grea1t

Comment

• Stevil
      Banned
      • Dec 2015

MPDS13 youd have to be real happy to get those PPU groups in any gun, looks like youve gor a keeper

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Looks like a shooter.

The PPU ammo has been recalled, in case you didn't hear about it.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• MPDS13
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2015

Yeah, I am happy with it so far. It is definitely a shooter.

No! I didnt hear about the recall. What's wrong with the ammo? why was it recalled? Should I stop shooting it? I have a couple boxes left.

Oh, OK I just looked it up. Yeah I will stop shooting it and get it swapped out. Thanks LRRPF52
          Last edited by MPDS13; 11-18-2016, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• kymountainman
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2016

New member here, and joined the group to find out about this rifle. I found exactly what I have been scathing the net to find out. The Howa Mini is a winner when it comes to paper accuracy.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

nice work!

Comment

• EvoTac
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2016

I originally picked up 4 bags of PPU brass when I picked up my Howa. I found out about the recall the next day and contacted them. They got
                back to me right away and gave me the address to send the brass in. They issued a refund within 2 days . I was really impressed with how
                fast they took care of it. If you speak to Marta, you're in good hands.

Comment

Working...
                X