• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Howa Mini Action in stock

I was just looking on Brownell's website and they have all three 6.5 Grendel barrel varients of the Howa Mini Action in Stock. Brownell's also has Warne scope mounts with 20 MOA cant and 0 cant in stock.

These are actions/mag only no stock but I read Boyd's is making stocks for the Howa Mini Action.

• Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

I just spoke to Boyds re: stocks. The sales dept is unaware of what plans the engineering dept has for future stocks. The best they could recommend is to fill out the product request form. The engineering dept reviews the requests and plans according to the number of overall requests. Let's flood their inbox with requests of drop in ready stocks for the Howa Mini!!

Boyds uses top-grade hardwood to craft durable, long-lasting shotgun & rifle stocks for top-selling firearm brands, including custom options. Get yours today!

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

Brownells just told me the barrelled action is a special order item. "This is a Special Order item, which means we do not keep it in stock. Howa sends them to us when we have an order for them, which can take up to a month, depending on Howa's Inventory."

Has anyone ordered one yet? If so, did you get a similar message?

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

I just got this reply from Hogue when I enquired about buying a stock from them. "Currently Hogue offers stocks for the Howa Short and Long Actions but we are not manufacturing for the Mini Action. The Mini action is approximately 12% shorter than the short action so it will not fit for what we currently manufacture."

If Hogue isn't producing the OEM stocks, then who is?

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• MrDraco
          Warrior
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
          I just spoke to Boyds re: stocks. The sales dept is unaware of what plans the engineering dept has for future stocks. The best they could recommend is to fill out the product request form. The engineering dept reviews the requests and plans according to the number of overall requests. Let's flood their inbox with requests of drop in ready stocks for the Howa Mini!!

Boyds uses top-grade hardwood to craft durable, long-lasting shotgun & rifle stocks for top-selling firearm brands, including custom options. Get yours today!

Thanks, Dinny
          I filled out a request form with Boyds back at the beginning of the year. In late June I received an e-mail from them stating they are starting manufacturing of stocks for the Howa Mini action in all three contours (heavy, thin, and regular) and that this process takes 8-10 weeks. If everything goes to plan, Boyds will have the stocks up for sale Sept - early Oct.

Comment

Working...
          X