• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wog13
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

rifle rebarrel

hello i am new here but it looks like i found a great place. i have a rifle i want to rebarrel into a 6.5 grendel. stock and action are all good. i would supply the barrel. this will be a single shot rifle. does anyone have someone they would recommend. tia
  • FW Conch
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

What brand of rifle, and what kind of shooting?

Comment

• wog13
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2016

benchrest action hunting (deer and varmint) and casual target. i have prepped brass for benchrest so a match chamber would be ok. any suggestions for a gunsmith would be great. thanks

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Scott Weichel at http://www.liveoakaccuracy.com/welcome.html did my CZ527 conversion. Scott will be getting all my gunsmith work as long as he wants me as a customer, excellent craftsman with attention to detail and knows what it takes to make a good shooting rifle. He also keeps some full barrels in stock at the shop and can turn them to any contour you want and even to match your custom profile if needed.

Comment

• wog13
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2016

thanks for your reply i will soot him an e-mail

Comment

• JASmith
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2014

Most folks here recognize that a match chamber is OK, but that results across the board tend to be better with the SAAMI spec chamber.

This is especially true if your magazine well restricts you to .223-length COALs.
            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• wog13
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

thanks a sammi chamber would be great . the rifle is a single shot br action mag length would not be a problem

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

A Bartlien or Hawk Hill barrel would be nice
                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Several good barrel makers to choose from these days. I went with an Obermeyer 1:8.4 twist but Lilja, Bartlien, Hawk Hill, Brux or Rock are all good. Bugholes.com is a good place to see some about some of those manufactures and not a bad place to buy barrels.

Comment

Working...
                  X