• AmishEskimoNinja
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2013

AA 24" Overwatch on "clearance" at Midway

This seems like a pretty good deal. I paid quite a bit more for mine:

• Savage Shooter
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

That's what I paid for mine from Midway back in December. It's not exactly "clearance", because they will restock and sell at their normal price in a week, so I don't know why they make it sound as if they won't have it anymore . But it is a great promotional price and December was the last time they had it at that price, so they don't offer it very often for anyone thinking about a great 24" barrel.
    My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• chicofjr
      Unwashed
      • May 2015

Its a shilen 24" barrel

Comment

• billy
        Unwashed
        • May 2015

I jumped on that deal just before I joined this forum (which is why I joined so I could learn from those in the know). I had been researching the Grendel for some time, and decided the deal on that site was an omen. I took it to the range and did a little testing today (very preliminary since barrel is spanking new). Hornady 123 A-Max printed better than the 123 Lapua from AA so far at 100yds. Sorry no pics or tech data - it was a quick, last minute rush to go there, and I don't have a way to measure fps (yet).

[update 6/4/2015] Just received my dies from Midway and got some 123gr SMK's to load with, can't wait to start dialing it in to see how those do. Thinking about snagging some 130gr Bergers. Sadly, the longest range I have at my disposal is 600yd.
        Last edited by billy; 06-04-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X