• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteDavis
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

Catch Your Brass

Finally had a chance to sight in and try out my new brass catcher . Rifle is an AA 2007 Hunter 20" model, my grocery getter.

I put a Leupold 1 x 4 x 20 w/ the heavy reticle on the rifle some time back. Only bore sighted until today. The low power and heavy reticle aren't exactly a bench optic, but are in line with what I want the rifle for. Took some adjustment as the bead isn't too fine so to speak.

I also installed my brass catcher using one of the bars to clear my dovetail bolts on the flattop rail.

The catcher is easy to put into the correct position. It has the cage above, and a plastic stiffener in the bottom to make it hold a box shape and put the opening in the right place by the ejection.

• PeteDavis
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

It fits well and is out of the way for the most part.

After firing the bottom opens via a velcro closure

Hey-it contained all 13 rounds.

I fired three groups of three to get close, then finally a group of four. My last group was 3/4" @ 70 yds here off my deck. The rounds double holed twice!

Thanks stevegun for the tip. This is the catcher I needed.

PD

Comment

• stevegun 1
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2014

Pete; your very welcome. I believe in Made In USA, and free shipping! How do you beat that?

Comment

• Boostmeister
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

I bought the 3 BUCC Inc unit for the flat top AR from Brownells.

100-000-735WB AR-15/308AR Flat Top Brass Catcher Black

The unit mounts to the front of the rail with a small block (maybe Delrin or something similar). Nicely made unit, but it caused an interference with my extended scope mount. I've ordered an AR flat top riser in hopes that it will clear. I'm sure that if I had a standard set of rings, the unit would work fine. Congrats on the catch your brass unit.

Comment

Working...
        X