• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

fast reload

AR Magazine speed loader: https://youtu.be/vf76iM1E3fk

Saw this on another forum sorry if it's a repost.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I'd love to have one. Unfortunately there are two problems that preclude me from getting one.

1.) If someone does make them for sale they'll likely get sued to infinity by "Maglula Ltd.". That design has been around for a long time, and is patented by "Maglula". http://www.maglula.com/product/ar15-...ader-5-56-223/ The name "Benchloader" is also trademarked to Maglula, so they could call it something else--- but they'd still get hit for patent infringement.

2.) Maglula insists on attempting to become independently wealthy on every single benchloader transaction. I would have bought one from them years ago, but I refuse on general principle to pay over 400 dollars for a piece of grooved plastic! Awesome idea, but the price? That's just obscene!

I frown rather severely on bootleg knockoffs, but in this one particular incidence, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they did get bootlegged. Heck, I'd probably even buy one....
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

some guy on a forum made one with hi's cnc machine and is offering them up for $20 +shipping on a forum.

Comment

• Joseph5
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

Wow, I have never paid any attention to maglula products but what they charge for that thing is beyond obscene! Now I know why I saved all of those stripper clips and reuse them.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
          some guy on a forum made one with hi's cnc machine and is offering them up for $20 +shipping on a forum.
          PM sent.LOL

Comment

• Kikn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
            PM sent.LOL

replied

Comment

• Savage Shooter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

I'd love to have one. Unfortunately there are two problems that preclude me from getting one.

1.) If someone does make them for sale they'll likely get sued to infinity by "Maglula Ltd.". That design has been around for a long time, and is patented by "Maglula".
              Well, if it's been around a "long time" maybe it's not under patent protection anymore. For applications filed before June 8, 1995 and for patents that were still in force on June 8, 1995, the patent term is either 17 years from the issue date or 20 years from the filing date of the earliest U.S. or international (PCT) application to which priority is claimed (excluding provisional applications), the longer term applying.
              My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Savage Shooter View Post
                Well, if it's been around a "long time" maybe it's not under patent protection anymore. For applications filed before June 8, 1995 and for patents that were still in force on June 8, 1995, the patent term is either 17 years from the issue date or 20 years from the filing date of the earliest U.S. or international (PCT) application to which priority is claimed (excluding provisional applications), the longer term applying.
                The patent was originally filed in 2002, and is currently under an 8 year renewal, which began Oct 5, 2013.

So, yes, it is current.

Patent Information

Also on file, in Israel.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

1.) If someone does make them for sale they'll likely get sued to infinity by "Maglula Ltd.". That design has been around for a long time, and is patented by "Maglula". http://www.maglula.com/product/ar15-...ader-5-56-223/ The name "Benchloader" is also trademarked to Maglula, so they could call it something else--- but they'd still get hit for patent infringement.

2.) Maglula insists on attempting to become independently wealthy on every single benchloader transaction. I would have bought one from them years ago, but I refuse on general principle to pay over 400 dollars for a piece of grooved plastic! Awesome idea, but the price? That's just obscene!

I frown rather severely on bootleg knockoffs, but in this one particular incidence, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they did get bootlegged. Heck, I'd probably even buy one....
                  Government contracts! Can't be sold on the open market cheaper than they sell to the .gov's!

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Well.....

Works just fine....

Thank you Kikn!!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by Variable; 05-28-2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Predmilitia
                      Bloodstained
                      • May 2015

Holy C$*%&)&*(*$% batman....I thought you were kidding about the $400+ price point. Are they crazy?? For that kind of money I would hire my kids to load for me.

Variable.....is that the $20 model? I like it....

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Predmilitia View Post
                        Holy C$*%&)&*(*$% batman....I thought you were kidding about the $400+ price point. Are they crazy?? For that kind of money I would hire my kids to load for me.

Variable.....is that the $20 model? I like it....
                        I know, right!?!?

Yep, that's the $20 dollar model. It was $30 with shipping. I blurred out my initials in the pics.

I normally don't approve of bootlegs, but I made an exception in this case.LOL The price difference adds up to a lot of ammo to fill the mags with....

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Well.....

Works just fine....

Thank you Kikn!!!!!!!!!
                          Awesome!! Have you had a chance to try out out with the grendel yet to see if it works?

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
                            Awesome!! Have you had a chance to try out out with the grendel yet to see if it works?
                            I just did. The Grendel case is a "no-go" because the groove width is sized to keep 5.56 centered. 6.5 Grendel cases are too fat to fit in the ammo "channel".

I guess we'll need a Grendel loader next.LOL

Comment

• Kikn
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2011

Bummer. I saw one of the posts that someone requested he make it for the 6.8 SPC not sure if he did or not. But if there was enough interest in sure he could be persuaded to make a batch.

Comment

Working...
                              X