• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big J
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2015

I need help choosing a barrel

My budget is small so the offerings from Brownells and Midway look great. I will mainly be shooting within 500 yards with hopes of someday stretching out further. It will also be suppressed with an AAC 762SD, I already have a 51t Brakeout mount to go on the end. This will most likely be a bench gun so weight isn't a real issue. I'm looking at a 18" or 24" barrel. Brownells only has the 24" in stock and I can't find much good or bad about the Midway barrels. MOA would be great, sub moa would be excellent. This will be my first 6.5, I want to make the best choice possible with the funds I have.
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Do a quick search of precision firearms. They're about to start offering an economical barrel that should be in your price range.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• tackdriver
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

Blackhole weaponry is a good barrel for the $$$

Comment

• 65Whelen
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

I agree with Cory, check with PF. For what you describe that's were I'd go.

Comment

• lead chucker
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I second BHW barrels, just hope you dont want it tomorrow. I have been waiting on mine for over 6 weeks now.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
            Blackhole weaponry is a good barrel for the $$$
            +1

Couple the quality and accuracy of their barrels with a SAAMI Grendel chamber cut by PF, and you'll likely have your winner.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
              Warrior
              • Apr 2011

We have these blanks in stock now and will be offering them for sale next week!
              "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• Big J
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
                We have these blanks in stock now and will be offering them for sale next week!
                A decision has been made Thanks for the input guys

Comment

• lamrith
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I was going to say the 18" Brownells is a solid Barrel as well. Shooting 123g Amax factory ammo mine has been .6MOA so far, but I have only shot her 100yrds.

Which one did you decide on, the PF? Let us know how it works!
                  Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
                  18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
                  SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
                  16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
                  Anderson Pistol lower:
                  16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
                  6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• Big J
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by lamrith View Post
                    Which one did you decide on, the PF? Let us know how it works!
                    I decided on the PF. If the Brownells had been in stock I'd of ordered it a couple weeks ago, from everything I've read its a great buy. But its been out for awhile and has that no back order thing up so I started this thread looking for some input. Plus I'd rather give my money to small business over the big box type place anytime. You can't beat PFs customer service either.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Big J View Post
                      You can't beat PFs customer service either.
                      +1
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                      X